MIJ Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Fender

How does one obtain a MIJ Fender in the United States? Do you have to go through Ebay/Reverb sellers? Heck, I can't even find a Fender Japan website to browse. Seems like Fender has it pretty locked down.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

You fly to Japan, shop at Ishibashi and bring it home. Well, that’s what I did anyway.

Yes, the Japan market CIJ Fenders are only available on ebay/reverb. They make others that are available in other markets but if you are looking for the vintage style reissue ones I think it’s all through resellers.

Which one are you looking for?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      You fly to Japan, shop at Ishibashi and bring it home. Well, that’s what I did anyway.

Yes, the Japan market CIJ Fenders are only available on ebay/reverb. They make others that are available in other markets but if you are looking for the vintage style reissue ones I think it’s all through resellers.

Which one are you looking for?
      I'm slowly shopping for a Telecaster. It would be neat to just browse what Fender Japan is making, even if I couldn't buy one. Interested in the whole range really, just to get educated and nerd out a bit.
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face

Comment

Well, looks like MIJ discontinued in 2015ish. I did find links to several years' worth of catalogs which I'll share here for those interested

Comment

The new reissue HM Strat is made in Japan and sold in America so I imagine they may have some other models available. I'm not a fan of Fender guitars outside of the HM Strat so havent been looking at any other models to know what else is available from Japan. Maybe just the HM Strat, who knows?

Comment

Tons of official Japanese dealers are on Reverb and Ebay and will ship to you.

or you can contact them directly, many of them take foreign orders in English (with varying degree of language barriers)
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Fender Japan always came out with interesting takes on USA Fenders. I've played many Fender Japan guitars, and every one was a good player with an interesting twist.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X