banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between these switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I don't know, I want to be able to switch between series and parallel and coil tap each pickup individually. Could I do this with 4 dpdt or spdt switches?

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
      Man I don't know, I want to be able to switch between series and parallel and coil tap each pickup individually. Could I do this with 4 dpdt or spdt switches?
      Well, I think it is a worthwhile experiment. But most sounds will take a few moves to get to. I think once you figure out what you like (there will be several sounds you don't like), just hardwire them to a super switch.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, I think it is a worthwhile experiment. But most sounds will take a few moves to get to. I think once you figure out what you like (there will be several sounds you don't like), just hardwire them to a super switch.
        Not only that but for me I expect 1 and 5 to be “big” sounds, 2 and 4 to be “clucky” sounds and 3 to be a grab bag. When I first got a Strat with S1 I was I pumped with all the options available. Now I generally leave it in the S1 “up” position which gives a fairly standard set of 5 tones. I half think the Passing Lane switch was added so when you are in some odd tone and say “&$@%# I just need a bridge HB!” you press it and boom, there you are.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The only real use for dozens of switching options I've found is when I'm frequently playing through someone else's backline and I need to get my tone out of someone else's rig.

Comment

Working...
          X