Pickups For My New Agile Les Paul Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups For My New Agile Les Paul Copy

Just got a used Agile Les Paul copy Agile 2000 from Reverb (Christmas/ photo is attached) and I was wondering what type of pickups you guys would recommend? My style is hard rock, blues, metal. I like a thick tone with a good amount of attack.
    Gear:
    -Epiphone Les Paul- Bridge-Dimebucker, Neck-Alnico Pro II
    -Fender Show Master- Bridge-Pearly Gates, Neck- SH59.
    -Takamine Acoutic/Electric Guitar
    -12 String GK Guitar
    -Epiphone Acoustic
    -DSL 100 Half Stack, Avatar 2X12 Cab.
    -Tube Screamer TS808, Marshall Blues Breaker 2, Ibanez DL10 Digital Delay, Boss GE-7

I had a Custom in the bridge of mine and it was a punk and metal MACHINE.

The Distortion in the neck was also good, but hard to balance with the Custom, so I never touched the middle position.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

500T / 496R
      or
      Distortion set
      or
      Distortion / 496R
      or
      Custom / Jazz
      or
      Whole Lotta Humbucker set
      or
      Black Winters set

Comment

JB/JAZZ uncovered
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I'd say a Custom and Jazz. Either uncovered or chrome. That guitar will rock.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

custom/jazz is a good option, ill 2nd that

Comment

Custom/Jazz or Custom/59 for a little more ‘oooooooooooo’ for leads.

Comment

All great suggestions but how much is the OP willing to spend for pickups in that guitar? I would suggest a Guitar Fetish VEH in the bridge or a used Super DIstortion.
                Last edited by Securb; 11-30-2020, 06:08 PM.

Comment

The Custom/59 is a really good combo. I have it in one of my guitars.
                  I have a Jb/59 on order for another.
                  I like the Gibson 57 set as well.
                  There is always my secret shame of the epiphone 650 700 set. I think that's the numbers.
                  Last edited by PS412; 11-30-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

oh the Probuckers in my Epi are excellent and the entire wiring harness with pickups can be had from EBAY for around $50
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      All great suggestions but how much is the OP willing to spend for pickups in that guitar? I would suggest a Guitar Fetish VEH in the bridge or a used Super DIstortion.
                      I’ve got a high budget for pickups. I had a Duncan distortion before in my older Les Paul and loved it. I’m leaning the way of the Custom/Jazz set for this guitar but I’ve also heard good things about the 59 when put in a Les Paul. I like a good mid rangy high output pickup in the bridge. In the neck I’d like a smooth lead tone sound similar to slash/Clapton/bonamassa woman tone

Gear:
                      -Epiphone Les Paul- Bridge-Dimebucker, Neck-Alnico Pro II
                      -Fender Show Master- Bridge-Pearly Gates, Neck- SH59.
                      -Takamine Acoutic/Electric Guitar
                      -12 String GK Guitar
                      -Epiphone Acoustic
                      -DSL 100 Half Stack, Avatar 2X12 Cab.
                      -Tube Screamer TS808, Marshall Blues Breaker 2, Ibanez DL10 Digital Delay, Boss GE-7

Comment

Custom/Sentient
                        Suhr Aldrich
                        BKP Rebel Yell or Black Dogs
                        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Custom/Jazz.
                          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by smashed39 View Post

I’ve got a high budget for pickups. I had a Duncan distortion before in my older Les Paul and loved it. I’m leaning the way of the Custom/Jazz set for this guitar but I’ve also heard good things about the 59 when put in a Les Paul. I like a good mid rangy high output pickup in the bridge. In the neck I’d like a smooth lead tone sound similar to slash/Clapton/bonamassa woman tone
                            For the neck, for that sound, try an Alnico 2 Pro. (It's a Jazz with an A2 magnet.)

Comment

The '59 is a great bridge pup, but I don't consider it high output. You need your amp to bring the gain. I like the A2P idea in the neck. My '59 neck was a little boomy so I went with an A4 mag. But as much as I like a Jazz in the neck...
                              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                              X