• Show
Clear All

I’ve placed an order at Warmoth.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I’ve placed an order at Warmoth.
      Me too! But just the parts. I hope to order the neck in the next week or so.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Next guitar? :o

Either nod my Epi Wildkat- try to mount a "surface mount" or "superthin jazz" pickup between the P90's;

or try to score a nice Japan Squier Stratocaster .

-Erl
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Me too! But just the parts. I hope to order the neck in the next week or so.
          I’m struggling with neck specs. Width, profile, radius, frets... even finish. If I matched the body it would be incredible but ir would also be unsellable if I didn’t like the specs. A roasted maple, unfinished neck could be moved if I picked wrong. So tough! Haha
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Next would be an esp Alexi Laiho or maybe the arrow.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I’m struggling with neck specs. Width, profile, radius, frets... even finish. If I matched the body it would be incredible but ir would also be unsellable if I didn’t like the specs. A roasted maple, unfinished neck could be moved if I picked wrong. So tough! Haha
              I have my neck specs set. What I don't have yet is the body color.

Comment

Like Erlend no new guitar this year...
                But I'm customizing some I already have. I am waiting for a custom pickguard from Florida...

Speaking of necks... My idea in this project is to improve a guitar which already have the perfect neck for me.
                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Have a Kiesel DC 127 in the works. Hope to finalize the options and get it going this week . Chris my old friend and long time sales rep and I are working through a couple final details. Specs are Maple neck through Alder body in sold Black 25 scale DC 127 with the rounded body and the Hipshot/Gotoh 2 post trem , thin neck profile with the standard 6 in line headstock from the Delos for the straight string pull, ebony board, SS med jumbos, Abalone dots and logo, 3 way blade like my 2017 DC 135 with a push pull master split in the volume Black buckers and rings with gold poles, gold bridge and tuners rest of the hardware will be black in the black Kiesel hardshell. It's my last chance to build one of these like i want it as they are being discontinued so--.
                  Will be pretty much a black 2 bucker version of my 2017 DC 135 here with just a few changes.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2017 Kiesel 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	6045751
                  Last edited by Ascension; 01-06-2021, 04:22 AM.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

That looks like a Satriani Ibanez body. Did they come up with that shape before Ibanez?

Comment

• Since I didn't get a chance to finish my LP Junior Double-cut build last year, it will be done this year. I'm getting some practice with the paint gun in so I can have the right feel and technique to do the proper job. The plan is still for the back of the neck and headstock to be clear, black headstock face and the body olive drab green. I have the paint and the clear coat here already.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        Since I didn't get a chance to finish my LP Junior Double-cut build last year, it will be done this year. I'm getting some practice with the paint gun in so I can have the right feel and technique to do the proper job. The plan is still for the back of the neck and headstock to be clear, black headstock face and the body olive drab green. I have the paint and the clear coat here already.
                        Gloss olive drab? Satin? Matte?

Comment

• Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Do zinc chromate binding.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably semi-gloss to gloss. We'll see once I get to that stage. I say that because the clear is gloss but if I don't wet sand and buff it out completely it'll look somewhat semi-gloss, but not mirror gloss.

No binding on this. It's a Junior.

Comment

• I am getting a small parts order today for the guitar I am building: bridge, switch tip, shielding, etc. I hope to order the neck in a week or so.

Comment

That looks like a Satriani Ibanez body. Did they come up with that shape before Ibanez?
                                Yes it's been around I know since 1996 as built a red Quilt DC 145 that year.
                                Guitars
                                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X