The 2021 "My Next Guitar" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2021 "My Next Guitar" thread

What's gonna be your next guitar in the new year? Where ya gonna get it? Why are you choosing that particular one? And, if you don't mind sharing, what's the cost?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

I am a creature of opportunity.... So we'll see what pops up.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Currently thinking about either a Charvel So Cal 1 HH in Vintage White, or the new Ibanez RG565, both costing ariund 900 Euros. Leaning towards the former, since the only finish I like on the RG is Fluorescent Orange, and that is too loud, even for me.

Concerning the choice, with some exceptions, I'm now gravitating towards SuperStrats.

Both my Deans are up for sale, since they are my least used guitars, and sale would fund the new guitar and also save some real estate in my house.

Either guitar I buy has already a pickup swap in mind: CC/FSn for the Charvel, and a PATB-3/PA-STK1n for the Ibanez.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

My employment status has been somewhat precarious for the last couple of years, but I am hoping that I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now. Once that happens, I hope to treat myself with a Chubtone custom guitar. It will be close to the single-H Superstrats I already own, but include some features and tweaks that I really miss on the standard Kramers (trembuckers, strat volume knob placement, spoke wheel truss rod, jumbo frets and a few personal preferences for neck and body contour). Not at all necessary, but it will be fun, and I envision it taking the place as my #1.

Comment

Oh man, what a trap )
          I think my next year's resolution guitar-wise is to practice and play more and stop worrying too much about the tone I'm getting. Life's too short, just play. I have 3 Floyd Rose superstrats at the moment (2 x Jackson, 1 x Charvel) with various Duncan pickups into a Maxon OD-9 and a Marshall DSL40CR, it's like I've gone back to my teens I have the guitars I like, the tone I like and I'm having loads of fun. Merry Christmas and a better 2021 to everyone!

Comment

2000 dollars! Yesterday I only had 600. You can't get a Suhr for 600, are you kidding me?! Now I am going all out! F everybody.

Comment

One of my Kauer Banshees has been out for paint (heather polymist) for a couple months, getting that back will be like getting a new guitar for me. If I do buy something it will likely be a thinline acoustic or a tele.

Comment

I never really know. I made a lot of guitar/bass purchases in 2020. I actually need to start a thread about that.

Comment

If you'd told me at this point last year all of the purchases I'd make in 2020 I'd have thought you were full of crap.

I stated before I'm on a one in one out rule so I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with any of the ones I have now. The only thought I've kinda had is I now own 3 of the 4 American Original 60s models so maybe if an opportunity to complete the set came up I'd pick up the AO Jazzmaster.
                  -
                  My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I really want to build (and by build I mean assembled prefinished components) for my next guitar. I haven’t pulled the trigger on of the parts for my 80’s inspired thought experiment. Warmoth has a couple of ridiculous bodies in the showcase now too...
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I am seriously looking at the
                      PRS SE Semihollow with Piezo
                      and the LTD EC1000 with Piezo

both are between 1200 - 1600 USD

right now the narrow nut and thin neck of the LTD are my choice

but I may go in a totally different direction when the time arises
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

No plans for a new one in 2021 but it looks like it'll be early 2021 when I finish the Precision Guitar Kits LP Junior DC. I'm looking forward to having that done. Need time to get with the painter that is guiding me through the process. He's in NJ and I'm in TX so he's tutoring me over FB Messenger.

Comment

It has been suggested that I should add something with P90s to the arsenal.

So, something with a P90... I'm open to suggestions because I'm certainly not in any hurry.

Comment

That Lone Star Strat was my 2021 purchase. Due to logistics had to get it early....
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
                              It has been suggested that I should add something with P90s to the arsenal.

So, something with a P90... I'm open to suggestions because I'm certainly not in any hurry.
                              Les Paul Jr.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X