The 2021 "My Next Guitar" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    All of my guitars are six string, I am seriously debating a seven string to do downtuned metal. The only problem, last time I picked up a seven string, my left hand cramped up. And that was before my injuries. I have a small range of motion where I can play without fatique and I'm afraid a seven would push me outside that range and end up in frustration.

You might consider a baritone....
    I have a 7 that I never play. I’d like to trade it for a baritone. Honestly I’m not sure how much I’d use the baritone but I am guarantee it would be more than the 7.

Comment

• I'll play! Looking to pick up one or two solid guitars this year. Not 100% sure what just yet, but looking at $600 - $1300 for each. As of today, the thoughts are:

- Ibanez RG - looking to pick up a used Prestige in all likelihood
      - Gibson LP Junior with P-90s. (I was interested in the 2015 double-cuts but jeez the headstock signature is not too cool) - potentially a Hamer Studio as well
      - Some kind of singlecut ... whether Gibson Studio or possibly a PRS S2 singelcut or pre-2013 Starla.
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

• get the hamer studio!

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          get the hamer studio!
          As they say... "they ain't making any more"
          -=The Dali
          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

• my hamer usa are some of my favorites for sure

Comment

• I bought my last guitar in 2009. I don’t even enter music stores anymore. Catalogs rarely get opened.

Therefore, I’m guessing I won’t be making a guitar purchase this year.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

• Im leaning towards the PRS SE Custom 24-08. Looks like a great guitar!
                Killer Rig

Comment

• Paisley tele with La Brea's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Just put in an order for a neck, so that's part of a guitar, right?
                    Warmoth 24.75 conversion in roasted flame maple w/ebony fb, and SS frets...no finish, and fully scalloped. Fun!
                    Warmoth 24.75 conversions (w SS) are pretty much my absolute favorite necks, in any variation.
                    I'm about ready to order (another) one myself with a locking nut ledge for an upcoming Floyd build that's getting near-done.
                    Will be my first 24.75 Floyd.

Here's a Tele 24.75 Warmoth conversion neck on another build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	94SSnC5.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	6051271

Comment

• WOW, that is is really impressive. I hope my build comes out as unique as that!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Well, 2021 NAMM announcements have got me thinking about two completely different new guitars:

Ibanez SEW761FM

Jackson RRX24-7MG

Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

• Would not have guessed this, but it turns out 2021’s guitars will be a fretless Tele and a hybrid fretted/fretless bass, courtesy of Frank Falbo.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                          X