Reverse angled Strat bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse angled Strat bridge

What’s the consensus? I like the idea of it.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

It's always seemed preferable to me: warm up the top strings and make the bottom ones twangier.

Only model I recall having it, though, was the Hendrix sig. Maybe there have been others.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I just use a higher output strat bridge like the SSL-5. Solves all the problems that were caused by the position and low output of a classic strat bridge.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I had a left-handed MIM strat converted to right-handed for a while. Reversing the bridge pickup is pretty subtle and few people could tell the difference blindfolded.

Comment

I have a pickguard like that I've been meaning to swap out.

Comment

Angle and output seem like very separate issues...

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            I just use a higher output strat bridge like the SSL-5. Solves all the problems that were caused by the position and low output of a classic strat bridge.
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

Not that suprising. I bet you could get as much or more difference by using something like the 5-2 pickup (which is one of my faves, though no one ever talks about it).

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
              I had a left-handed MIM strat converted to right-handed for a while. Reversing the bridge pickup is pretty subtle and few people could tell the difference blindfolded.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                Angle and output seem like very separate issues...
                Compared to a SSL-1/2, the SSL-5/6 is a lot fatter sounding and less bright, which are reasons frequently given for reverse stagger, even if the actual effect is different.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The bridge pickups should have been reverse-slanted all along.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have two left-handed strats I play right strung. The reverse of the bridge pickup makes it notably smoother on the ears to me than the brittle bright normal strat bridge. I have a right-hand strat as well, by way of comparison.

Comment

my esquire has a reverse slant pup, a teleish thing i built has a reverse slant bridge pup, and i have a strat setup with a reverse slant bridge pup so you could say im a fan. especially with a vintage wind bridge, it helps balance the high and low strings tonally. that said, not everyone loves it since it doesnt sound quite "right" a good friend whos a great player and tone hound cant get used to it in his hands, though appreciates it when he hears it in the audience. on stage, he is so used to having the response of the skinny strings be thinner, he doesnt enjoy the change

Comment

Oh man... I was thinking of swapping my Tele's bridge for a vintage style... and now I feel like it needs to be reversed.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

check the rout before you buy a reverse bridge

Comment

Good call.

Comment

Where are you guys finding these reverse Tele bridges? I don't think I've ever seen one. On a guitar or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X