banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tele bridges: 6-saddles vs 3-compensated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Stew-Mac: "Choose brass for traditional Tele twang or titanium for rich harmonic overtones and long sustain."

Comment

I agree with 6. I choose being in tune over vintage correctness, any day. I'd probably investigate titanium, if the cost isn't too much.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You should take a look at the Babicz Full Contact Tele bridge

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          You should take a look at the Babicz Full Contact Tele bridge
          I did. I remember you talking about it before. It's a little steep, but I haven't ruled it out. There was some other issue with it. Maybe, the dimensions. I'll look at it again.

Comment

They also have a budget-friendly Zinc line now.

Increase the dynamic range and sustain of your favorite Telecaster with this full-contact Babicz FCH Z Series Tele bridge, featuring an eCAM saddle system.
            Last edited by Securb; 12-29-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              They also have a budget-friendly Zinc line now.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--BABFCH...RoCrRYQAvD_BwE
              That one is a steal! I wonder if they have it "lefty"? Although, that's not a big deal. I'm not even sure if that's critical. I just got considering that after the "Strat bridge slanted" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

That one is a steal! I wonder if they have it "lefty"? Although, that's not a big deal. I'm not even sure if that's critical. I just got considering that after the "Strat bridge slanted" thread.
                I am also sitting n a black 6 saddle you can have if you can use it.

Comment

Thanks man, but this Tele needs chrome. It already has a decent bridge. I was just thinking about going whole-hog since I'm modding it anyway. It will either be, leave it as it is, or Hipshot or Babicz.

But thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                    From Stew-Mac: "Choose brass for traditional Tele twang or titanium for rich harmonic overtones and long sustain."

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...-for-tele.html
                    The compensated three saddles is the secret behind that signature Tele twang and overtones cause I get that a lot from my Tele copy which is not even Fender. Intonation is actually less annoying cause I only deal with 3 screws.

Six saddles will make your Tele sound like a Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                      My Tele has a modern bridge and 3 single coils. The neck and bridge pickups are Tele style, and it sounds like a Tele on those. The middle is a Strat pickup, and it sounds like a Strat on that one.

Definitely agree that 3 brass saddles are an ingredient in that sound, but I think the pickups are a much bigger ingredient.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                        The thing is, it came with six saddles, and it definitely sounds like a Tele. The pickups that came in my Squier Tele were terrible. But the pups in this Fender Tele sound good. There would be no need to change them except that I bought this Tele specifically for this project.

Comment

Yeah, there are enough great Tele players who use modern bridges. At this point, you can't tie 'the Tele sound' to the bridge alone.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fun thread. I've been over researching this as well since the urge to mod my new Tele is strong. The three saddle bridge looks bad@$$ but seems like the tonal trade-off is significant for some, not for others. It would be cool to try both. More significant I think is the bridge lip that you can cradle, or curse for being in your way.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                              The three saddle bridge looks bad@$$ but seems like the tonal trade-off is significant for some, not for others.
                              Callaham is saying that their 3-saddle units intonate perfectly.

Comment

My choice of Tele bridge is more about safety than sound. I have a Hot Rails in one Tele and a Super Distortion in the other. I use them both for Metal and Punk. When playing those styles I strum pretty wildly and feared cutting my hand on the set screws. The Babicz is totally smooth on top, a lot more comfortable for palm muting also.

Comment

Working...
                                X