banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tele bridges: 6-saddles vs 3-compensated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Yeah, there are enough great Tele players who use modern bridges. At this point, you can't tie 'the Tele sound' to the bridge alone.
    Here is one great one

Comment

I'm not a fan of the vintage tele bridge, the bent steel strat saddles and the original jazzmaster bridge. When strumming or attacking hard the string moves around on the saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Callaham is saying that their 3-saddle units intonate perfectly.
        Would you expect them to say different
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

the callaham does intonate very well, close enough for me to use live a ton

Comment

Oh gods, the og Jazzmaster bridge is the worst.

Originally posted by esandes View Post
            I'm not a fan of the vintage tele bridge, the bent steel strat saddles and the original jazzmaster bridge. When strumming or attacking hard the string moves around on the saddle.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Thought I would share this. I met up with my old guitar teacher this week and he tossed me several Tele parts to play with - vintage done knobs, wiring kit, electrosocket jack and a 60s reissue 3 saddle bridge w\ steel saddles. Obviously didn't wait long to install the bridge and there's certainly some differences with the 3 saddle bridge. First the bridge plate is about half the thickness as the newer MIM\MIA Standard 6 saddle bridges and much lighter. I haven't put it through it's paces but the tone is lighter and airier. With the 6 saddle bridge I was changing my picking technique and went to a thinner pick to get the twang out - with the 3 saddle, the twang is omnipresent. Acoustically there is more top end and less mids with the 3 saddle. And the plate on the 3 saddle is much coarser than the smooth 6 saddle plate - quite a few bumps and ridges.

Here's photos of the axe with the two bridges on. If I had more Tele experience I'd say the 3 saddle sounds more like the Teles I hear on recordings, and the 6 saddle gives a beefier sound.
              Attached Files
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
              http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
              X