banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiesel is dropping the Iconic traditioal DC Super strat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Is the Jason Becker model a DC?
    The Jason Becker model is based on the old DC200 and is still available, as is the "Numbers" guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      My guess is the pointier, gaudy, multi-color abominations they push sell a lot more. I've played old Carvins that are great guitars, but newer Kiesels don't do anything for me.
      I love my three most recent Kiesels. Just because I could order an over-the-top configuration, doesn't mean I have to. The top is a Burl Walnut Solo with three Duncan Red Devils and a 10-way Freeway switch. The second is an Aries with a Quilt Top (Hawaiian Blue stain), Koa body and flamed koa neck. The bottom is an Icon 5-String bass with a roasted ash body and a flamed/spalted top.

Duncan Red Deviles

Kiesel Aries 6 Hawaiian Blue, Koa Body

Flamed, Spalted Top, Roasted Ash Body

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        I'm bummed they stopped offering Piezo pickups on the builder
        but I would think that its still an option if I have the money to pay for it
        They're called "Acoustic Saddles" on the builder, and not every model can be ordered with them. It depends greatly on the body physics and the size of the control cavity. At a minimum, they need enough room to install the circuit board. But, even if it's not on the builder, you can still call them and ask if it's possible. For example, I just ordered Singlecut (Les Paul style) guitar with a custom Candy Apple Red finish, a trem, and both Piezo and MIDI. It required phone calls and emails.

Comment

And, as per Mincer's recommendation, I do not work for Kiesel. I'm just a very happy Kiesel customer. I've had a very successful relationship with them over two decades.

But, I buy other brands too! Right now, I have two builds in with Tom Waghorn, neither of which are his standard shapes. He's building me a much-modernized version of the Gibson L5-S and a pretty twisted Jazzmaster variant.

Shameless plug: If you're looking for something wonderful, call Tom. You'll be surprised how reasonable his prices are and what kinds of options you have at your disposal. Tell him Mark Jasen sent you. His URL is http://www.waghornguitars.com/.

Comment

Originally posted by MJGuitar View Post

I love my three most recent Kiesels. Just because I could order an over-the-top configuration, doesn't mean I have to. The top is a Burl Walnut Solo with three Duncan Red Devils and a 10-way Freeway switch. The second is an Aries with a Quilt Top (Hawaiian Blue stain), Koa body and flamed koa neck. The bottom is an Icon 5-String bass with a roasted ash body and a flamed/spalted top.

Duncan Red Deviles

Kiesel Aries 6 Hawaiian Blue, Koa Body

Flamed, Spalted Top, Roasted Ash Body
            These are actually more understated than the stuff they post on Instagram. But I still stand by the 'feel' for me, in that they don't quite do it. I really tried several models, from archtops to headless, and I simply didn't like what they had to offer.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well, I see PRS is now offering what is basically a Super Strat model. Problem solved.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                Well, I see PRS is now offering what is basically a Super Strat model. Problem solved.
                It might be 25.5" like their other recent "metal" model (se torero), which also had emgs iirc. I know almost nothing of PRS guitars other than them being mostly 25".

There are probably not many people in the super-strat market who will miss the 25".
                For me it's not a big deal. I'm good with any of the standard scales but have no desire to go baritone or erg.
                25" does feel really easy to play and IMO the half-inch difference doesn't require larger gauges at a given tuning.
                Last edited by dave74; 01-16-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

And this just in from Kiesel. Candy Apple Red CS3 with a trem, MIDI, Piezo and a roasted maple neck. Not too wankerish, but not a traditional Kiesel, either.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by MJGuitar; 07-29-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

And this just in from Kiesel. Candy Apple Red CS3 with a trem, MIDI, Piezo and a roasted maple neck. Not too wankerish, but not a traditional Kiesel, either.
                    I didn't see the piezo option on the website builder

That looks awesome
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That is a beautiful red.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Super cool guitar. May wind up with one of those a some point! IMO a better guitar than a PRS single cut!
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                        X