banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What passive pickups/pots charvel model 5fx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Oh, I forgot that the Charvel in question has a different single coil route, and not every pickup will fit. The Custom Flat Strat is a good choice for volume balance, too. It has a thicker sound than normal Strat pickups.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I'd go with a Quarter Pound, then.
    Or Cool Rails if you like hum-canceling. I'm running one with a Custom Custom in my Model 4.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I'd go with a Quarter Pound, then.

Leave a comment:

• Charvel1975
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    For your single coil, what is more important...volume balance with the bridge or a traditional single coil sound?
    Volume balance with the bridge

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    For your single coil, what is more important...volume balance with the bridge or a traditional single coil sound?

Leave a comment:

• Leon Of Late
    replied
    I think one of the most versatile type of pickups SD makes is the PATB line. For the type of music you listed, either the PATB-1 or the PATB-3 in the bridge. The -3 is slightly lower gain and a little more PAF flavored, but still great for Classic and Hard Rock, just not as compressed. The -1 is like a Custom or a JB in terms of output, but in comparison to the JB is more balanced, without the upper mid spike that many find annoying about the JB for anything but lead playing. The -1 is nice and tight for rhythm and still sings for leads.

In the neck, I would suggest the PATB Stack. It is noiseless, matches great with the PATB humbuckers and has a very sweet classic tone. I think you would love them.

Leave a comment:

• Charvel1975
    started a topic What passive pickups/pots charvel model 5fx?

What passive pickups/pots charvel model 5fx?

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I think I'm going to go with passive pickups on my Charvel model 5fx instead of the emg's that are in it now and would be taking the guitar to a guitar repair shop to have work done as well as having setup done as I'm not good at working on guitars, I can string them up, tune etc. But that's about it. Our cover band plays Classic/Hard rock.

You will see I have posted other threads on this forum about my Charvel and I am thinking of going with Seymour duncan pickups, maybe a JB trembucker or 59/Custom hybrid trembucker for the bridge but don't know what single coil for the neck? I want the ability to be able to have push/pull pots to split to single coil for versatility and the guitar is bright sounding right now.
Working...
X