X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

This! I did that with my Les Paul Custom Lite. It was easier than banging my head against the wall looking for special parts. I was also able to get some money back on eBay for the circuit board and other unwanted parts.
    Same here.
    Did this with my LP Std and Special.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    I'm with you, but the $22 shipping for the $3 of parts is making me consider gutting everything. I think I know how to wire it...

I totally understand that.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    I'm with you, but the $22 shipping for the $3 of parts is making me consider gutting everything. I think I know how to wire it...

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I generally won't yank perfectly functioning parts. I am just fine with PCB and just find the right parts to interface the pickups with them.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I generally won't yank perfectly functioning parts. I am just fine with PCB and just find the right parts to interface the pickups with them.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Mass production makes the hand wired costly
    the pcb is a drop in component
    improves production rates

But yeah
    If it's yours
    Screw that

Leave a comment:

• ItsaBass
    replied
    Yank the original and sell it off whole. Replace everything with "proper" components.

PCBs make sense in many, many things...but not inside of relatively simply wired guitars, which are pretty likely to be user serviced/modified.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0F6A766E-CC4A-4019-AF51-E2E3425B920E.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6044533

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    Usually you just take out the PCB and handwire the replacements oldskool-style
    This! I did that with my Les Paul Custom Lite. It was easier than banging my head against the wall looking for special parts. I was also able to get some money back on eBay for the circuit board and other unwanted parts.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    I'd rather avoid rewiring everything, if I can. I don't particularly enjoy soldering, so the fewer joints the better. But... It's an option.

I'm starting with pots because I like a lot of things about the minibuckers, but I'm tired of making big eq swings on my board and amp to accommodate the very pulled-back highs in that one guitar. So: pots first. If that doesn't do it, pickups are next.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    250k is what's in there now (see above). I found the 500k version of the ones you posted earlier on Amazon, but I can't tell what taper they are. I'm not familiar with "carbon film taper."

Oh do you needs the pins up or down
    I found several 500k versions on Amazon

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    This.

Peruse the everythingsg forum and you'll find a bunch of folks discussing this since a lot of SGs come with the PCB. Seems quite challenging to mod an existing one.

Always the option to not change pots and get your extra treble from the amp, eq pedals, etc. One classic trick with 250k pots is to max out the treble on your amp (icepick!) and turn your guitar tone down all the way, then open it to taste.

What's the guitar, and what problem are you trying to solve?
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    250k is what's in there now (see above). I found the 500k version of the ones you posted earlier on Amazon, but I can't tell what taper they are. I'm not familiar with "carbon film taper."

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

Logarithmic/Audio taper 500K

Are you sure ? I thought you wanted 250K

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    These might work. There's a long shaft version too. Not sure which I need, tbh.

https://leeselectronic.com/en/product/718752.html
    Logarithmic/Audio taper 500K

Are you sure ? I thought you wanted 250K

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    These might work. There's a long shaft version too. Not sure which I need, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X