Dean Dixie Rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Dixie Rebel

Hey fellas, I deciding on buying a used Dean Dimebag Dixie rebel. One thing I noticed the Serial # starts with Y. Which I believe is from China. the following numbers are 0705 which I believe is 2007May. Ive seen some others that are US which I believe are made in Un Sung Korea. But theres only a year difference (2008)
    Can anyone tell me how good these are before I buy it? How is the quality?

Also is there anyway you can repair some dings and paint chips to match it up?

Send it to me and I'll fix the paint job for free.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

They’re solid guitars from a quality standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
        Send it to me and I'll fix the paint job for free.
        Then pass it on to me, and I'll wire it up.

See how accommodating we are?

Comment

By the time it gets to Artie, you'll hardly recognize it.

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Then pass it on to me, and I'll wire it up.

See how accommodating we are?
          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

I think we scared him off.

Comment

Not bad! Usually it takes about four years, three months and one day to scare off fans of that design.

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              I think we scared him off.

Comment

I like the shape but the flag is cringe.

Comment

Dean Korean imports are usually pretty good quality. I have a bunch of Cadillacs, all good at worst, a few are great.If not, they can be set up to be awesome. I assume that has a Dimebucker and a 59. I didn't think they ever made those in China. Dean's are not and will not ever be investment grade guitars if that's what you are wondering about.

As for the paint - that's about color matching, which just takes patience. The top is a graphic print, not paint though. That might be tougher.

I applaud the buyer for deciding to ignore the world and buying what he wants. Just as everyone should be allowed to do. every flag means oppression to someone. I grew up my entire life with that flag meaning red necks drinking beer and mudding' in four wheel drives. And the Dukes of Hazard.

I assume you'll all be divesting of anything with a US Flag on it? Because there are American Indians to whom that represents genocide on a scale not seen since Hitler...

So don't be a dooshrocket and scare away the newbs. So don't go around patting your virtue signaling self on the back so fast. You probably had a Dodge Charger toy as a kid too.
                  Last edited by Aceman; 01-05-2021, 04:01 PM.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm going to guess that the OP has a sense of humor. That's why I put smiley's on my remarks.

Comment

Lol, Im sending it over now. Lmk when it gets there. Also Artie you'll have to fully trust St. G to send it your way for the wiring. Haha! Yea I have a sense of humor fellas. It didnt scare me away. Not much stops me from buying what I what. Im not part of the crowd chasers.

I dont know much about these guitars so thats why Im posting asking seeking more knowledge. Ive been researching and read the china vs korean made guitars. Been hearing alot of negatives about the china ones than korean. Of course the USA models are the most sought after but Im not a rich man so Lol Thats a pipe dream there.

I have no squabble with the flag. Its part of our history and part of what happened back then didnt include me nor what I part of what went on. I was a long time fan of the Dukes of Hazzard. Always loved that General Lee Charger. I grew up in the 70's where stuff like this wasnt take so seriously and my generation wasnt into mass shootings at schools or using stuff as symbols like the nazis did. It was a much different time and more relaxed than nowadays where you have to micromanage your words and how your tone of voice so you dont offend anyone. Crazy stuff. Huge adjustment to getting use to as well.

Either way back on toping II found one china and one korean made dixie rebel but sheesh the korean is double the price. Seller of the china made one wanted a couple hundred less than the korean made one and accepted my offer under his original price.So I saved half. Of course tere is wear on it with dings but still saved half the cost of what others wanted. Thats when I started to question the china vs korea quality and what I read about them and second guessed my being cheap. lol! Either way I dont consider under $1k cheap esp for a china guitar.

Anyone know what the original cost was on this guitar when they first came out? I hear you can still order the razorback rebel for near $1100. new.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Dean Korean imports are usually pretty good quality. I have a bunch of Cadillacs, all good at worst, a few are great.If not, they can be set up to be awesome. I assume that has a Dimebucker and a 59. I didn't think they ever made those in China. Dean's are not and will not ever be investment grade guitars if that's what you are wondering about.

As for the paint - that's about color matching, which just takes patience. The top is a graphic print, not paint though. That might be tougher.

I applaud the buyer for deciding to ignore the world and buying what he wants. Just as everyone should be allowed to do. every flag means oppression to someone. I grew up my entire life with that flag meaning red necks drinking beer and mudding' in four wheel drives. And the Dukes of Hazard.

I assume you'll all be divesting of anything with a US Flag on it? Because there are American Indians to whom that represents genocide on a scale not seen since Hitler...

So don't be a dooshrocket and scare away the newbs. So don't go around patting your virtue signaling self on the back so fast. You probably had a Dodge Charger toy as a kid too.
                        I absolutely did. The General Lee gets a pass.

I associate that flag (and sadly, that guitar) with knuckledragging ‘southern metal’ fans. The music isn’t all bad but the biker jacket, bandanna, WHISKY WEED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO aspect of it is cheese. Not ALL of those fans, just some.

C’mon, Ace. Nobody ever ruined anything for you?
                        Last edited by formula73; 01-06-2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderx View Post
                          Always loved that General Lee Charger.
                          I did too, unless Daisy Duke was in the scene. Then the car disappeared.

All I can add to your question is that the few Korean guitars I have seem to be top quality. But in modern times, my Chinese and Indonesian ones ain't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I was surprised to learn this year that the flag represented racist oppression.

They put it on the General Lee, which was a kid's show. Didn't have any racist meaning to me. Bubba Watson bought the original General Lee a few years back; I wonder if he has been cancelled?

Comment

The American 13 star flag is racist according to Colin Kapernick. There needs to be a website somewhere.

But yeah - it represented rock & roll rebel (emphasis on "rebel"). Or WHISKY WEED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as Formula said.

I think it's a cool guitar either way. Symbolism aside.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X