No announcement yet.

Dean Dixie Rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sick of cancel culture running about unopposed.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

We will cancel this thread if you aren't talking about the guitar.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

In that case, I like the guitar. I would take an MIK Dean regardless of the paint job. MIC if the price is right.

Last edited by Demanic; 01-06-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments regarding this fellas. Im a long time reader of the forums and have few posts since I joined here. Ace you really gave me alot of info I was looking for. I have to say I chose the MIC guitar as price dictated the decision for me. i really wanted the MIK one I found but it was double the cost..... It'll bothers me with the wear marks and chips out of the wood and Im nervous about its feel since I read alot of negatives on MIC deans. But it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it now. Currently its on its journey and heading my way. Cant wait for it to arrive while nervous about how Ill like it.

Anyone know what these sold for when they first released? I wanna say $500? I cant really recall though. I first was made aware of them at my local shop sometime around 2012 or 2015 or so? I cant remember exactly but really wanted one back then. I couldve opted for the razorback rebel instead and it wouldve been brand new as i heard you can still order them. But I was partial to the ML style. Maybe down the road Ill pick up a razorbac. Kinda looks like a ripped rebel flag blowing in the wind. At least thats what I was starting to see at times.

Comment

Dude, get it and play it. Post a clip if possible.
            No matter what anyone says, if you want something and even after thinking about it, you still want it, get it. Others be damned.

Comment

Dude, don’t be scared of it. I had a couple MIC Deans maybe 10-12 yrs ago and they were fine. I really regret selling one of them.

Comment

I actually had a MIC Razorback prototype in my hands at the factory. It was pretty impressive.

But again - can't say about the Chinese production version of this. China has had its game on the past 5 or so years as guitars go. Can't say about back then.
                Please tell me the Chinese version has a set neck and Duncans? Bolt on and generic pups will drop that price quite a bit.

I don't get forensic with Dean's. They are B grade guitars in general. Solid price performers but nothing to Woo Hoo about. USA/Custom shop stuff is extremely good - but much like Gibson, probably not worth what you pay and certainly not an "investment" as price-holding / value goes.

Can't wait for a review!

Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I actually had a MIC Razorback prototype in my hands at the factory. It was pretty impressive.

But again - can't say about the Chinese production version of this. China has had its game on the past 5 or so years as guitars go. Can't say about back then.
                  Please tell me the Chinese version has a set neck and Duncans? Bolt on and generic pups will drop that price quite a bit.

I don't get forensic with Dean's. They are B grade guitars in general. Solid price performers but nothing to Woo Hoo about. USA/Custom shop stuff is extremely good - but much like Gibson, probably not worth what you pay and certainly not an "investment" as price-holding / value goes.

Can't wait for a review!
                  I’m fairly sure they only came as setnecks. Pickups...probably not Duncans.

Not related: I used to own the USA Black/Silver RB Proto. Also impressive.
                  Last edited by formula73; 01-07-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Well it arrived for me today. I was quite confused as UPS reported it was a "adult signature required" lmao! I didnt know they had signature & adult signature. So I learned something new on that. Either way they usually come between 10 and 11am. Not so for today. Today they came much much later. Figures when I set something it up it back fires on me. lol! So Im making supper and I hear the ups truck or so I though I was as it always plays on your mind that youre hearing them come when they arent. lol! Okay so I check anyway. I checked alot as I was constantly thinking I heard them. Sure enough around 4:40pm I see the UPS truck taking off. I look down at the porch and nothing there. Im panicking at this point as I knew he had to ring the bell for a sig. Not so.I see him flying up the road. Gone!!!! Im think WTF? Why'd he stop then. Here I look out at the sidewalk and see a huge box. A bicycle box for that matter. All the while Im thinking what about the signature? I thought oh well its here go out and drag it inside. It was really cold so I left it sit for a few hours. Just opened it up now and checking it out. Too late to hook it up to test it but there is some checkering on the head stock. Kinda bummed about that as it wasnt mentioned. All the rest looks as advertised. Ace yes this is a set neck buddy. It does have a seymour duncan bridge pickup. I believe its a dimebucker Not sure what the bridge pickup is. I gotta research it. The case so far nees some loose nails fixed on the buckles. THe case is huge. But no tolex ripped. A couple small white marks on it but I cant complain about that. More review to come soon.

Comment

You can look on the back of the pickup for a sticker, so you can positively identify it. Congrats on the new guitar! Rock it well!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Pics! Dimebucker is black with two skinny rails. And it says SD on it. Pretty obvious...
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Don’t worry about finish cracks. Lots of guitars get them.

Comment

They were priced around $1499 new, with case, though I don;t think they sold well, I recall seeing the price dropped to $499 to blow them out in Musicians Friend on their stupid deal of the day.

Good guitars with a proper setup.
                            Last edited by jmh151; 01-23-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X