Guitar is dead? Maybe not....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar is dead? Maybe not....

Fender has sold more guitars in 2020 than any other year in its history | Guitar World
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Death in terms of new big name professional bands.
    Life in terms of stimulus checks and locked down unemployed hobbyists.

Comment

Brian Wampler said on his podcast that he’s had venture capitalists call him and his peers to get a piece of the musical instrument market. Odd times we live in.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Just like a bumblebee can't really fly...but the bumblebee doesn't know that .
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Coronavirus has helped all industries related to home hobbyist pastimes
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Many MI companies are reporting historic profits this past year.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Death in terms of new big name professional bands.
              Life in terms of stimulus checks and locked down unemployed hobbyists.
              Dude, you consistently have a dark outlook on life and the world in general.
              Surprised you haven't just decided to live in the woods by yourself writing a manifesto.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

Dude, you consistently have a dark outlook on life and the world in general.
                Surprised you haven't just decided to live in the woods by yourself writing a manifesto.
                Well, chances are that he is not wrong. We all want the guitar to prosper, but colour me surprised if we see any broader results of this.

Comment

Digital technology has given people access to sounds and recording that were previously unavailable. That opens up possibilities for talent that big studios weren't interested in because they didn't find them commercially viable.
                  So, maybe no new big name acts, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Many MI companies are reporting historic profits this past year.
                    This is only a guess, not factual, but I wonder if that might be because people are still buying warehouse back-stock, while employees are layed off, which would dramatically decrease overhead.

Comment

Another thing... the earth population has grown so a flatline guitar sales means that fewer people are playing, relative to before. A bump because of the pandemic doesn't mean much.

I think this means that guitar will never die, it has just become more niche.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

This is only a guess, not factual, but I wonder if that might be because people are still buying warehouse back-stock, while employees are layed off, which would dramatically decrease overhead.
                        I was gonna blame robots.
                        I am absolutely not saying that this translates to more $$ for all people in the industry.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I was gonna blame robots.
                          Yeah . . . especially after that "dancing" one that someone posted.

Comment

What's the average number of guitars that a person owns today vs in the 70s or 80s (probably peak guitar specific music period).

Just 'cause we're all buying more guitars doesn't mean we can play them for ****! :P
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yeah . . . especially after that "dancing" one that someone posted.
                              Yeah, piss off the AI's. That's just what you want to do.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X