banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a new Guitar Nut help? If so, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
    Well if the strings are worn, I wouldn't expect them to be perfectly in tune and don't even dream of proper intonation.

Also, I noticed that most probably due to the 10-15 celsius difference between my body/hand temperature and the room temperature, when I pick up my guitars, they are a few cents sharp. I play them for a few minutes and they are perfectly in tune, the way I put them away after the previous session. So your problem might be similar. And as Gtrjunior said: the first thing you do should be to check the tuning. I even check them before putting the away. That way I can monitor if anything happens to them during the night...
    My band rehearses at my house in the basement but I generally keep my guitars upstairs on the main floor of the house (I have a little computer/guitar room).
    My guitar is always out of tune when I first go downstairs for rehearsal. It’s just the change in environment even though the basement is heated/air conditioned)
    Once it’s gets acclimated it holds tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      If you are expecting your guitar to always be in tune every time you pick it up I think that’s an unrealistic expectation.
      The very first thing I do when I pick up my guitars is to give the tuning a quick check/tweak.
      No, just seems odd that its always the same three strings, and they are always the same degree out of tune. That's all I was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post

No, just seems odd that its always the same three strings, and they are always the same degree out of tune. That's all I was getting at.
        I hear you. My LP seems to always have the same strings go out as well. I think it’s just a LP thing...lol
        I have one of those string butler things on one of my Pauls and I does help quite a bit. But still, I need to tune it regularly. It doesn’t quite “solve” the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

I hear you. My LP seems to always have the same strings go out as well. I think it’s just a LP thing...lol
          I have one of those string butler things on one of my Pauls and I does help quite a bit. But still, I need to tune it regularly. It doesn’t quite “solve” the issue.
          I think you're right. I saw this thing talking about LP headstock design and it's effects on strings and it also indicated issues staying in tune. Mystery solved I suppose.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and insight.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I have two guitars with Floyd Roses . . . they're in tune every time I pick them up. :P
            I know right!?

All of my guitars have Floyds because I like that they are always in tune.

Comment

Working...
            X