banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The transparent finish over figured wood is, imo, one fanciness too far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The transparent finish over figured wood is, imo, one fanciness too far.

But there's still a LOT to like here:

Parallel Universe Volume II Strat® Jazz Deluxe, Rosewood Fingerboard, Transparent Faded Seafoam Green
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

I usually hate their Parallel Universe series, but this one I actually like.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't get it. Why is it a parallel universe guitar?

Comment

Strat pickups and trem on Jazzmaster body. Most of the Parallel Universe series are mashups like that.

Last year, they did the inverse of this, which imo was a combination of the worst aspects of each (I care neither for JM appointments, nor Strat looks). This is much more to my tastes, even if it doesn't quite shake to feeling of a parts-build that any of us could pull off for half the price.

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
        I don't get it. Why is it a parallel universe guitar?
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

I don’t see the figured wood on that guitar? I don’t see one ripple of flame maple anywhere. If you are going to paint it a color like that, the figured wood is really wasted.
          Play more guitar.

Comment

I see normal alder or whatever wood grain.

Aside from the good pickguard, I dig it.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

****, guys, I don't know. When I looked at it yesterday I thought there was flame. Maybe I was too [redacted].

I'd still probably prefer a solid color, but yeah, it's cool.

Comment

If you zoom in three times you can see the flame, kind of.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  ****, guys, I don't know. When I looked at it yesterday I thought there was flame. Maybe I was too [redacted].

I'd still probably prefer a solid color, but yeah, it's cool.
                  No, its flamed. Scroll down past the "features" section and there is another shot of the body. Much more prominent there. And I agree, a lot going on there with that between the transparent finish, flamed maple top and the rosewood neck/headstock. I would have much preferred standard seafoam green and a matching painted headstock. There is enough other weirdness/quirk with that guitar.
                  DayGlo

Comment

Working...
                  X