Most Battle? Scarred Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Battle? Scarred Guitar

This idea came out of Top-L's are your guitars 100%.

No points if you just hammered it and sprayed it with Krylon, but I'm interested in pics of those which have truly been there and done that. I've got my '82 Strat and '81 Lead II Mutt I'll get some pics of.

What do you have?
    Last edited by JamesPaul; 01-08-2021, 09:53 PM.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

It isn't quite my style to have guitars like that, but I am interested to see what others post.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It hasn't been my goal either, but both my Fenders noted above and my '91 Classic LP have taken some extra wear. I tried to capture the wear on my Lead II. I'll see if I can post from my phone. If not, it may be tomorrow while I transfer to the PC and shrink the photos down.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The original neck warped "cylindarically" (i.e. low e to high e twist) around the truss rod. It was replaced with a Fender '72 Tele Deluxe neck, which kicks arse BTW, so I'm good.

Lead II FrontLead II Back
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JamesPaul; 01-08-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I'm still working on understanding the new Forum software but pics of my Lead II are up. FWIW, it plays great and is likely the guitar I've had in my hands the most during 2020.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	79454F09-3337-4B60-BFFC-3908C6446136.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	6046577‘79 Iceman IC50

I got it beaten and torn apart, lotsa tlc went into it
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

And I'll update that "Road Worn" as opposed to Battle Scarred might have been a better choice, but we all know how Road Worn can be twisted.

Comment

Easy my 1993 Carvin DC 127 in Tung Oil KOA. Still the single most comfortable neck I have ever had my hands around!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ascension; 01-08-2021, 11:25 PM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

That DC 127 still looks good to me bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	79454F09-3337-4B60-BFFC-3908C6446136.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	6046577‘79 Iceman IC50

I got it beaten and torn apart, lotsa tlc went into it
                    My Strat went through similar times with me. I understand.

Comment

Ya know, my Stratocaster has been through a lot. Up close, it looks a bit harsh. However when I try and photograph it, it looks fine. I'll bust out the LP tomorrow. If nothing else, the pickguard wear will show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                        Easy my 1993 Carvin DC 127 in Tung Oil KOA. Still the single most comfortable neck I have ever had my hands around!
                        What's the weight on that?
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You know it was a thread like this that started the relic craze.

Someone posted pics of their guitar with paint chips, swirls, hazing, and then some yahoo tries to one up them so he breaks out the belt sander...

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                            You know it was a thread like this that started the relic craze.

Someone posted pics of their guitar with paint chips, swirls, hazing, and then some yahoo tries to one up them so he breaks out the belt sander...

I’d say it was Keef wanting the custom shop to knock em up a bit before he’d play them.

Too bad WahWah isn’t still around. His old Strat is always a killer example.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              Too bad WahWah isn’t still around. His old Strat is always a killer example.
                              Love that thing.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X