Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Single Humbucker Guitar & Pickup?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Or take that Tele, put a push/pull on it to put the SD in parallel, or split, and role back the tone control to mimick a neck pickup. I do that with my SG Jr, except for the splitting, obviously. But the P90 is tapped.

    Comment


    • #17
      Just put a Custom Custom in my Jackson. It's like Goldilocks - just right in that guitar. The mid-chime the A2 brings gives it just the right single note thickness for riffs and leads, and gives it just the right clang/kerrang for rhythm chords.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Just put a Custom Custom in my Jackson. It's like Goldilocks - just right in that guitar. The mid-chime the A2 brings gives it just the right single note thickness for riffs and leads, and gives it just the right clang/kerrang for rhythm chords.
        I am thinking of getting a Custom/Custom as well because I have seen a lot of positive feedback like yours.

        Is yours an uncovered or covered? (I am thinking of going covered)

        I have a Epi LP Jr. as a back up to my main guitar, and it only has a bridge pickup; the stock pickup sounds pretty decent but I know it can sound really great with an upgrade, so thinking I'll swap for the Custom Custom one of these days.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post

          I am thinking of getting a Custom/Custom as well because I have seen a lot of positive feedback like yours.

          Is yours an uncovered or covered? (I am thinking of going covered)

          I have a Epi LP Jr. as a back up to my main guitar, and it only has a bridge pickup; the stock pickup sounds pretty decent but I know it can sound really great with an upgrade, so thinking I'll swap for the Custom Custom one of these days.
          That would be awesome. I have the Custom Custom uncovered in a few guitars. Such a great pickup. That LP Junior should be great with it. Change the pots and jack too. In my current main guitar I have a 500K volume and 250K tone with a .022uf cap. My LP has 500K pots all around.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post

            I am thinking of getting a Custom/Custom as well because I have seen a lot of positive feedback like yours.

            Is yours an uncovered or covered? (I am thinking of going covered)

            I have a Epi LP Jr. as a back up to my main guitar, and it only has a bridge pickup; the stock pickup sounds pretty decent but I know it can sound really great with an upgrade, so thinking I'll swap for the Custom Custom one of these days.
            Mine in the Jackson is gold covered.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ErikH View Post

              That would be awesome. I have the Custom Custom uncovered in a few guitars. Such a great pickup. That LP Junior should be great with it. Change the pots and jack too. In my current main guitar I have a 500K volume and 250K tone with a .022uf cap. My LP has 500K pots all around.
              Ok will do. Thanks

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

                Mine in the Jackson is gold covered.
                Nice. I am thinking of Nickel Covered (the guitar is black with silver machine heads, bridge, etc.) so think it will match up nice

                Comment


                • #23
                  Charvel with an SH-12 Screamin Demon. Great harmonics and killer tone.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I own two.

                    My Charvel model 88 (sorry, no pic available right now). When I bought the previous owner had an EMG 85 installed and it was a bit compressed for my liking. So, I hunted down an original J-95 and it’s a really great match. It’s hot, but it can still clean up nicely. Surprisingly, it splits well, too.

                    The other is some old, cheap First Act guitar that my late father in law found in his neighbor’s trash. It’s original pickup was overly hot and not very well defined. I took it, refinished it and added a TV Jones Classic Plus. It’s a nice vintage-y sound and feel for that guitar.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      spam link deleted

                      If this is not a troll, maybe try opening a separate thread for that as it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.
                      I don't think there are many Hungarians in the forum, but you never know.
                      The only alternative I could offer would be to suggest checking out thomann.de or gear4music.com online.

                      If it is a troll... apologies to everyone else.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X