X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Jacksons are back...

...but at what cost???

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...eries?sort=new

2500 USD MSRP??? Really?? With Mother of Toiletseat inlays? REALLY??? (I know that the inlay is prely cosmetic stuff, but that was the point where I lost it...)

I guess they're trying to compete with Ibanez Team Jcraft and fullbrand ESP?
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
      I guess they're trying to compete with Ibanez Team Jcraft and fullbrand ESP?
      Dunno... "Fullbrand ESP" guitars are like 4-5k, for that the competition should be and I think is the USA Jackson. Can't speak for Ibby, nearly zero experience and knowlede about that brand. Either way, any idiot can overprice their products, it's not really a competition in my book. Real competition would be offering matching or superior quality with matching or lower prices, methinks. Maybe the E-II range... But no matter what they do, even the Japanese models will forever be labeled as "just imports" (which doesn't necessarily equal bad, at least to me. They sometimes hold a better price/vlue ratio) and asking twice as much as a good condition USA made model sounds baffling to me. Overpricing will not change the market's perception about the "just imports".

Comment

Yeah, those prices are pretty high for pretty unremarkable designs. Lots of competition at that price.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The new Marty Friedman signature model they just announced is 1995$ USD and made in china. It's getting pretty crazy.

But to be fair about inlays , Gibson Les Paul standards have fake pearl inlays and look how much they cost. They're acrylic and look better than toilet seat, but still!

Yeah the price of the Jackson imports lately is really getting nuts, and the American models are completely out of reach. The USA Friedman model is 5000$! Considering the Japanese imports they made in the early 1990's have excellent build quality, and have the exact same specs as the USA models, including ebony fretboard and genuine pearl inlays, it's kind of ridiculous. I'm lucky enough to own one and it gives the USA models a run for their money for a fraction of their price. Which is probably why they discontinued it.

$$$$$

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
            ...but at what cost???

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...eries?sort=new

2500 USD MSRP??? Really?? With Mother of Toiletseat inlays? REALLY??? (I know that the inlay is prely cosmetic stuff, but that was the point where I lost it...)
            They are price competitive with ESP E-II japanese guitars.

There are tons of rich people out, boomers who retired early on piles of tech stocks, and they need to buy guitars too. The difference between 1500 and 2500 is nothing to them.

Comment

Working...
            X