Vinyl pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl pickguard

So I got this pickguard and control plate made out of Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl. Pretty slick, as it's one of my faves, Gilmour is my spirit animal, and he plays a Tele on some of the songs. Goshen Guitar Works was great to work with via text and email.

Anyone else used a vinyl record pickguard? Anything to watch for during install or regular use? He said it's flimsy so use hand tools. I was going to check the taper of the PG screws, but he said he countersinks the holes so the stock screws will work. And he warned me the control plate wouldn't hold up under aggressive knob use, so that'll be my own risk.

If\when I remember, pics of the install will come!
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

thats cool, but yeah vinyl can be brittle so be careful putting it on

Comment

Might want to sheild and ground the back of it. I think if it's a real vinyl album it will pick up static from your hands strumming.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Might want to sheild and ground the back of it. I think if it's a real vinyl album it will pick up static from your hands strumming.
        Do you mean ground with it's own ground wire, or just use the standard method of tape in cavity + tape on PG + tape over a screw hole?
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

Do you mean ground with it's own ground wire, or just use the standard method of tape in cavity + tape on PG + tape over a screw hole?
          If you ground a cavity, you still need to solder/connect it to ground somehow, or it won't be a shield so much. Particularly if you are trying to draw a static charge out of the pickguard. You have to give the charge somehwere to go.

Comment

Where did you get that
            do you have a link?

there was one of the forum bros that was gonna make me one just like that out of a Rolling Stones Album once
            but I think he forgot or something

I still want one
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That's cool!
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                Where did you get that
                do you have a link?
                I'm guessing Goshen Guitar Works: https://www.goshenguitarworks.com

Comment

Very cool! And if you apply the shielding tape to the back of both it ight actually strengthen them a little too!
                  -=The Dali
                  --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    Where did you get that
                    do you have a link?

there was one of the forum bros that was gonna make me one just like that out of a Rolling Stones Album once
                    but I think he forgot or something

I still want one
                    Just made a RS tele guard!

Click image for larger version

Name:	e8ljgamdzbomwo2pej3i.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	6048088
                    -=The Dali
                    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Got 'er installed. Great fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X