replied
    Got 'er installed. Great fit.

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Where did you get that
    do you have a link?

there was one of the forum bros that was gonna make me one just like that out of a Rolling Stones Album once
    but I think he forgot or something

I still want one
    Just made a RS tele guard!

Click image for larger version

Name:	e8ljgamdzbomwo2pej3i.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	6048088

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied
    Very cool! And if you apply the shielding tape to the back of both it ight actually strengthen them a little too!

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Where did you get that
    do you have a link?
    I'm guessing Goshen Guitar Works: https://www.goshenguitarworks.com

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    That's cool!

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Where did you get that
    do you have a link?

there was one of the forum bros that was gonna make me one just like that out of a Rolling Stones Album once
    but I think he forgot or something

I still want one

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

Do you mean ground with it's own ground wire, or just use the standard method of tape in cavity + tape on PG + tape over a screw hole?
    If you ground a cavity, you still need to solder/connect it to ground somehow, or it won't be a shield so much. Particularly if you are trying to draw a static charge out of the pickguard. You have to give the charge somehwere to go.

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Might want to sheild and ground the back of it. I think if it's a real vinyl album it will pick up static from your hands strumming.
    Do you mean ground with it's own ground wire, or just use the standard method of tape in cavity + tape on PG + tape over a screw hole?

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Might want to sheild and ground the back of it. I think if it's a real vinyl album it will pick up static from your hands strumming.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    thats cool, but yeah vinyl can be brittle so be careful putting it on

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    started a topic Vinyl pickguard

Vinyl pickguard

So I got this pickguard and control plate made out of Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl. Pretty slick, as it's one of my faves, Gilmour is my spirit animal, and he plays a Tele on some of the songs. Goshen Guitar Works was great to work with via text and email.

Anyone else used a vinyl record pickguard? Anything to watch for during install or regular use? He said it's flimsy so use hand tools. I was going to check the taper of the PG screws, but he said he countersinks the holes so the stock screws will work. And he warned me the control plate wouldn't hold up under aggressive knob use, so that'll be my own risk.

If\when I remember, pics of the install will come!
    Attached Files
Working...
X