banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so the 20% coupon... burning. hole. in. pocket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so the 20% coupon... burning. hole. in. pocket.

I have been looking at a few things. I don't need anything, but due to the lonliness and anxiety of being off work / in school (yet having these stimulus checks coming in), I am looking for something to buy.

Looking at possibly a BOSS GT-1000. All the playing I do these days is through my studio monitors. I like my old GT100 for this purpose, I have it dialed in well and I didn't like the Helix when I tried it (guess I like the boss stuff). So a GT-1000 is better, right? Or maybe an FM3... but that doesn't have a 20% coupon lol. Or maybe a Headrush.. But it doesn't have an amp switcher built in (wtf were they thinking?).

What I really have my eye on is a new guitar. I don't need one AT ALL. But this one caught my eye... but its not in stock anywhere yet. And I don't think MF is set up to pre order this one. (And I'm pretty sure its overpriced indonesian junk anyway... and my lastest guitar is already purple...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikoccvyicswhiyrs1cgh.png
Views:	234
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	6048802

What is weird is that I will probably get the most enjoyment out of a new modeler, but also its a rabbit hole.. Therre is a 76.9% chance I would tweak it for 29 days then return it "did not like". (And then I've wasted a month of time.)

If I get another guitar, that is a good 40 hours bonding with it and setting it up to my liking. So probably not a good idea.

But did I mention the EMPTINESS !?!?!

Attached Files

Well, I am a Fractal fan, but before that I used Boss Multi-fx for years. You already have a GT-100, though. And that guitar is so pretty.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Buy a snare drum and a bundle of stick. You won't be lonely for long. All kinds of folks will be visiting you and talking to you...
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Crisis averted. After posting that guitar I realized I'm not into it anymore.

I don't even understand the post before this one. Whatever.

Comment

What is that guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
            Crisis averted. After posting that guitar I realized I'm not into it anymore.

I don't even understand the post before this one. Whatever.
            You talked of being lonely and empty. I suggested to get a snare drum and bang the hell out of it. If so, it would annoy many people and you would get visitors...pissed off visitors but you would at least have somebody to talk to so you wouldn't be so lonely and empty.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

You talked of being lonely and empty. I suggested to get a snare drum and bang the hell out of it. If so, it would annoy many people and you would get visitors...pissed off visitors but you would at least have somebody to talk to so you wouldn't be so lonely and empty.
              Sorry, I didn't understand if there was some other meaning. A bundle of sticks is known as something else.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                What is that guitar?
                Looks like a Jackson Pro Series Soloist™ SL2Q MAH
                https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...mah/2914323592

On a separate note, i've been quite enjoying my Jackson Indonesian Junk all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Sorry, I didn't understand if there was some other meaning. A bundle of sticks is known as something else.
                  Dang, I'm out of touch.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love that Jackson!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Looks like a Jackson Pro Series Soloist™ SL2Q MAH
                      https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...mah/2914323592

On a separate note, i've been quite enjoying my Jackson Indonesian Junk all weekend.
                      No offense meant. I had to talk myself out of it.

They know that purple one is a looker... they tacked a $100 premium on it.

Comment

Is this thread TMD's burner account?
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          Is this thread TMD's burner account?
                          I guess those coupons have the same effect on everyone.

The crisis was averted; I didn't buy anything. But it caused me alot of distress.

I'm still getting a ton of ads from MF with pics of the exact guitars I was looking at. Its scary how targeted the ads are becoming.

If they were watching their web traffic, they would know the coupon had (almost) the desired effect. They should send me more 20% coupons. Or maybe a 25%. I think we all know a 25% coupon would push me over the edge.

Comment

Working...
                          X