Epiphone Standard vs 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Standard vs 61

Hello folks I have a 2020 Gibson Les Paul 1950s Slash Standard and I want a SG for my collection. For 2020 there is an Epiphone Standard with Alnico V Classic Pros and the 61 reissue with Alnico II Pro Buckers.

I’m stuck between which one to buy. My Les Paul has the Alnico II Gibson Slash Buckers so I’m leaning towards the Standard Epi SG cause it has Alnico V pups with a more “modern” tone.

Also the supposedly the Standard has a little more beef at the heel and maybe a thicker neck.

Has anyone tried both of these guitars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought is that you won't know for sure until you try them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd lean toward the 61 and just replace the pickups if you don't like the sound.

Comment

I can't imagine any differences in quality that rise above personal preference, so yeah.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        My thought is that you won't know for sure until you try them.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

If possible try both guitars and select the one that speaks to you. The new Epiphone SG's are nice, and I could be satisfied with either guitar.
          That is not dead which can eternal lie,
          And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
          X