No announcement yet.

The four way tele switch mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, but I've got a new switch for it (stock one is a bit dodgy, so I've been doing switching with the volume knobs pretty much since it was new) so I'll check with the multimeter while I've got it open later today.

It's not muddy, but it's fairly flat. None of the eq filtering that creates twang, quack or or whatnot. Certainly not offensive. Just not terribly interesting.

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I don't want muddy. What's the output on the vintage pickups?
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I had a 4-way switch in the old iteration of my Tele, but I didn't use the in-series position anywhere near as much as I thought I would. Although it offered a good option, I foundI was happy with the 'standard' Tele sounds. Now, I have a Psyclone neck, wired just to the volume and a Five-Two bridge wired to tone and volume so that I can adjust the bridge pickup to taste.

I have been contemplating a "Nashville" Tele, utilising the Secret Agent pickup under the pickguard. Use a superswitch to get B/B&M/B&N/M&N/N, but I'm still firmly in the contemplation stage for now!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

The 5-2 is such an underrated pickup.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I don't want muddy. What's the output on the vintage pickups?
          Compare to the Duncan vintage offerings. Series single coils sounds pretty tubby. That does work sometimes, especially into a fuzz. It also works if you are the only guitarist in the band, and need to take up a lot of space.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Compare to the Duncan vintage offerings. Series single coils sounds pretty tubby. That does work sometimes, especially into a fuzz. It also works if you are the only guitarist in the band, and need to take up a lot of space.
            Damn Mincer, why did you post that link? That just opened up a whole new world of possibilities.

Comment

i like the series option but i dont use it all the time. mostly for slide. i wouldnt want that as my only combined pup option

Comment

Working...
              X