No announcement yet.

Aliexpress Yngwie Malmsteen Strat / Scallops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, you have to get a copyright grant in China to defend. That requires being a Chinese company over there as a proxy. Then litigate in Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      If we could enforce copyrights and eliminate piracy, USA would own China outright. Thats why the US debt to china seems so wrong. They steal from us, they sell it back to us, and now we owe them REAL money!?
      I think that the Chinese argument is . . . they make lots of knock off stuff for low prices. If Americans want to buy it in violation of US law, then America should probably police it's own citizens. Why should they get in **** because unscrupulous folks in the US want what they're selling?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Again - really wanted to talk about Scallops....

But Ascension mentions an interesting thing: Rifle Scopes. I'm sure there are lots of fake Leupolds out there from China. But there are a TONM of highly respected Chinese price performers too.

My pointy on the copies is you better HOPE they don't get to a point where they start branding their own.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What questions about scallops? My main Music Man is scalloped, and I am building a Warmoth with a scalloped board.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What's the main advantage and the biggest drawback?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

You miss the details. The Chinese copies are copies down to the headstock shape AND logo. They say "Gibson" on the headstock. That's a no no. The Suhr and Anderson Strats and Teles have unique headstock shapes to their brands and have "Suhr" or "Anderson" on the headstock. The reason the Chinese companies, and even those in Europe or anywhere else outside the U.S. border, can get away with making these exact copies is because the copyright laws of the headstock shape and likeness do not apply in those countries. It's very hard for U.S. makes to enforce there.
              Is that how the intellectual property law on guitar goes? By your definition, Gibson should not have sued the Japanese companies and PRS over the so-called lawsuit guitars cause they had their own brand names not Gibson on the headstock, even though the basic form/ shape and general appearance are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Is that how the intellectual property law on guitar goes? By your definition, Gibson should not have sued the Japanese companies and PRS over the so-called lawsuit guitars cause they had their own brand names not Gibson on the headstock, even though the basic form/ shape and general appearance are the same.
                I don't know how the Japanese lawsuits turned out, but Gibson lost he one with PRS. I'm also pretty sure that, back in the day, Fender trademarked the headstock, but not the body shapes of their instruments.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  What's the main advantage and the biggest drawback?

The advantage is that it is easier to bend and apply vibrato, with no wood to get in the way. Can't think of a drawback, other than they are rare in the wild, and usually expensive as an add on.

Comment

I suppose that the only drawback is if you play with a heavy hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      I suppose that the only drawback is if you play with a heavy hand.

Honestly, that is almost impossible. You'd have to be squeezing so hard that the pain would bother you before being out of tune does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Honestly, that is almost impossible. You'd have to be squeezing so hard that the pain would bother you before being out of tune does.
                        Really? I hear that as a pretty common beginner’s issue with scallops.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                          Here’s an auto-translated review from Aliexpress.

”Excellent!! But rack back like the line of one part only pull all make you satisfied. Great Dragon one other. Perfect to long.”
                          Couldn’t have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Really? I hear that as a pretty common beginner’s issue with scallops.
                            I don't think that is a thing, any more than bending notes sharp with tall frets. It simply doesn't happen.

Comment

I was definitely bending the big rock A chord out of tune. But my hands, like my licks, are mighty.

Like IO said though, 20 minutes and most things were sounding right. In 2 weeks I'd be totally up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                                So to speak.
                                Well, up to my speed. Probably not Yngwies...

Comment

Working...
                                X