Aliexpress Yngwie Malmsteen Strat / Scallops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Again - really wanted to talk about Scallops....

But Ascension mentions an interesting thing: Rifle Scopes. I'm sure there are lots of fake Leupolds out there from China. But there are a TONM of highly respected Chinese price performers too.

My pointy on the copies is you better HOPE they don't get to a point where they start branding their own.
    I would welcome these companies building guitars and then openly selling them under their own brand. It would force other companies to up their game to compete and that is healthy. It's the fraud that I have a major problem with. We could at the least slow it down by targeting the companies who are marketing these things and then targeting these at the import point. Find them confiscate and destroy them catch those doing the importing arrest and prosecute them catch a dealer in the US selling them confiscate and prosecute. That's on it all from the fake Gibson, Fender ect guitars to the fake Leopold scopes to the fake purses and sneakers. Get aggressive on it all. If you brand a product knowingly as some thing it is not it's fraud.
    HAVE HAD FACE TO FACE CONVERSATIONS WITH SEVERAL US HOUSE MEMBERS AN ONE SITTING SENATOR ON ALL THIS SO I'M NOT JUST TALKING SMACK HERE.
    For major companies like our Host in Duncan here this all is devastating.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Is that how the intellectual property law on guitar goes? By your definition, Gibson should not have sued the Japanese companies and PRS over the so-called lawsuit guitars cause they had their own brand names not Gibson on the headstock, even though the basic form/ shape and general appearance are the same.
      Yes. And Gibson lost their suit against PRS. The only part that got settled against the Japanese companies was them selling their own brand in the U.S. WITH the same open book headstock as a Gibson. If it was to be sold in the U.S., the headstock shape had to be different. The headstock is what Gibson has protection on in the U.S., as does Fender with their headstocks. That's why replacement Fender headstock necks (Warmoth, Allparts, Musikraft, etc.) have to be officially licensed for manufacturer by those aforementioned companies. Gibson doesn't license any third party manufacturer like Fender does to my knowledge.
      Last edited by ErikH; 01-23-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Couldn’t have said it better
        Lmao. This made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

I would welcome these companies building guitars and then openly selling them under their own brand. It would force other companies to up their game to compete and that is healthy. It's the fraud that I have a major problem with. We could at the least slow it down by targeting the companies who are marketing these things and then targeting these at the import point. Find them confiscate and destroy them catch those doing the importing arrest and prosecute them catch a dealer in the US selling them confiscate and prosecute. That's on it all from the fake Gibson, Fender ect guitars to the fake Leopold scopes to the fake purses and sneakers. Get aggressive on it all. If you brand a product knowingly as some thing it is not it's fraud.
          HAVE HAD FACE TO FACE CONVERSATIONS WITH SEVERAL US HOUSE MEMBERS AN ONE SITTING SENATOR ON ALL THIS SO I'M NOT JUST TALKING SMACK HERE.
          Aw... What would the world be like without cheap Chinese imposters? You don't really think people believe that think they're buying a real Fender Malmsteen strat, do you?

I just downloaded dhgate and aliexpress, you can be damn sure I'm buying one... If for nothing else it will look good on the wall but the bottom line for me and many others I'm sure, is that we will NEVER buy a Fender Malmsteen Strat. So fender is not losing a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Look, I am not happy about copies either, and I am sure SD HQ isn't happy about it. But the issue is that people in the US are buying them, not that China is selling them. We can't do anything about China (and quite frankly I don't work in an industry that has to prove fakes, so I don't care about it). As far as I am concerned, this is part of being in the pawn business. It is like working in an auction house- you have to prove what you are buying and selling. Does it suck? Sure, but there are other jobs out there.

I can't change someone's willingness to buy fakes but I can decide not to buy fakes myself.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Honestly, that is almost impossible. You'd have to be squeezing so hard that the pain would bother you before being out of tune does.
              I don't know about that, especially if you spend a lot of time playing bass or acoustic guitar with heavy gauge strings.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Aw... What would the world be like without cheap Chinese imposters? You don't really think people believe that think they're buying a real Fender Malmsteen strat, do you?
                Think about the average person's intelligence, then understand that half aren't even that smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  I don't know about that, especially if you spend a lot of time playing bass or acoustic guitar with heavy gauge strings.

I would think that anyone with reasonable technique would adjust within 15 minutes.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think I would be a natural on one, I play too light when I'm playing fast, the speed surpassed the strength long ago and I constantly have to work out my hand.
                    Last edited by solspirit; 01-23-2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I don't think that is a thing, any more than bending notes sharp with tall frets. It simply doesn't happen.
                      I must have a different group of friends
                      i have this problem with tall Ibanez frets
                      And i know other performers here in town that have ibanez guitars

Granted we are a predominantly acoustic group that play Ibanez electric guitars
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I would think that anyone with reasonable technique would adjust within 15 minutes.
                        You're probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

As we know, Dave hasn't been to the gym, let along gripped a heavy bar lately, so....not a problem he has.
                          (Although he appears to be a fairly lean/fit individual)
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I must have a different group of friends
                            i have this problem with tall Ibanez frets
                            And i know other performers here in town that have ibanez guitars

Granted we are a predominantly acoustic group that play Ibanez electric guitars
                            Ehdwuld and the Ham Hand Band

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                              the speed surpassed the strength long ago and I constantly have to work out my hand.
                              Do you now?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Do you now?
                                I mostly worked worked past it but I practically quit playing for several years so I'm back in the same boat now, just not so bad.
                                Last edited by solspirit; 01-24-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X