No announcement yet.

Aliexpress Yngwie Malmsteen Strat / Scallops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did your friend pay for customs, what was the total?

Comment

I’ve got 2 guitars with scalloped fingerboards from a phase I have long since outgrown. But my takeaway is that a nicely scalloped board with well crowned medium frets doesn’t feel much different than a so-cal style neck with 6100 frets. Definitely most noticeable between frets 1-3 and open chording takes a bit more attention to pressure. But definitely from the 5th fret up, feels close to my regular necks with 6100 frets.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
        What did your friend pay for customs, what was the total?
        i don't know what the going rate is now, but when i got mine in 2014, i was charged about $35 in fees upon delivery.
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by PDC View Post
          I’ve got 2 guitars with scalloped fingerboards from a phase I have long since outgrown. But my takeaway is that a nicely scalloped board with well crowned medium frets doesn’t feel much different than a so-cal style neck with 6100 frets. Definitely most noticeable between frets 1-3 and open chording takes a bit more attention to pressure. But definitely from the 5th fret up, feels close to my regular necks with 6100 frets.
          This may be the reason that Vai has his necks scalloped the way they are

Comment

Originally posted by PDC View Post
            That is exactly my feeling as well.

Comment

Working...
            X