Notifications broken for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications broken for anyone else?

I'm getting tons of notifications. When I attempt to deal with them, the forum software hangs. Every day there are more unhandled notifications. I can't even click on notifications without hanging the forum.

You can unsubscribe from your notifications.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

That's not a terribly helpful response.

But to OPs question: I haven't encountered that problem myself, sorry. Notifications seem to be working for me. I'm trying to think of client-side issues that could cause a problem like that, but really all my suggestions come down to very basic troubleshooting, like testing it in another browser, clearing your cache, another machine, etc.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      You can unsubscribe from your notifications.
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
        . . . like testing it in another browser . . .
        This, especially. I'm amazed by how non-standardized browsers are. I constantly run into webpages that simply don't work, then remember to try a different browser, and voila.

This is why I keep Opera, (my main), Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, (rarely used), all installed at once.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
          That's not a terribly helpful response.

But to OPs question: I haven't encountered that problem myself, sorry. Notifications seem to be working for me. I'm trying to think of client-side issues that could cause a problem like that, but really all my suggestions come down to very basic troubleshooting, like testing it in another browser, clearing your cache, another machine, etc.

Go into your account settings>Notifications>notifications settings. You can change what alerts you get.

Comment

Its messed up! As soon as I do anything with notifications, the website locks up and takes minutes to load any page.

This isn't a cumulation of previous notifications, there weren't any as of a week ago. All of a sudden, blam. There are 50+ notifications in the box that I can't respond to or dismiss because it locks up the web site.

I believe that there is something wrong with a notifications query. That once I try to load notifications, it hangs and the way the web server is set up, it won't handle new requests until that last one is complete.

Almost positive this is a server side issue. I did not change anything in my account. About a week ago this bug appeared. It feels like it is blocking on the notifications query, maybe something in the database is broken. Or maybe a forum setting was changed to limit the number of queries or bandwidth each user gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
              Its messed up! As soon as I do anything with notifications, the website locks up and takes minutes to load any page.
              What browser are you using? Did you clear your cache?

Comment

I’m having the opposite problem. I’m not getting notifications.
                Im using tapatalk though, and it’s been made clear that it’s not a priority to fix on that app so....

Comment

I would call "just don't use notifications" more of a LAST option than a first.

Go into your account settings>Notifications>notifications settings. You can change what alerts you get.
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

This isn't a cumulation of previous notifications, there weren't any as of a week ago. All of a sudden, blam. There are 50+ notifications in the box that I can't respond to or dismiss because it locks up the web site.

I believe that there is something wrong with a notifications query. That once I try to load notifications, it hangs and the way the web server is set up, it won't handle new requests until that last one is complete.

Almost positive this is a server side issue. I did not change anything in my account. About a week ago this bug appeared. It feels like it is blocking on the notifications query, maybe something in the database is broken. Or maybe a forum setting was changed to limit the number of queries or bandwidth each user gets.
                    Yes, happened to me too. I accidentally subscribed to two sub-forums. I’ve unsubscribed, but still have a mess of notifications I can’t clear on mobile.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

What theme are you using. I am hearing there are less issues on the default theme.

Comment

What theme are you using. I am hearing there are less issues on the default theme.
                        For what it's worth, I use the default theme, and I have no issues.

Comment

I’m still watching the notifications number climb for posts and threads for which I never subscribed.
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

For what it's worth, I use the default theme, and I have no issues.
                            Me too. And me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                              I’m still watching the notifications number climb for posts and threads for which I never subscribed.
                              You are either subscribed to a sub forum or to (several) people. What used to be friends on the lld
                              software can notify you every time they post if you have it setup that way. Mine was fixed by unsubscribing to the Off-Topic and Pedal subforums. When scrolling I accidentally clicked it I think.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X