X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    What theme are you using. I am hearing there are less issues on the default theme.
    For what it's worth, I use the default theme, and I have no issues.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    What theme are you using. I am hearing there are less issues on the default theme.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    Its messed up! As soon as I do anything with notifications, the website locks up and takes minutes to load any page.

This isn't a cumulation of previous notifications, there weren't any as of a week ago. All of a sudden, blam. There are 50+ notifications in the box that I can't respond to or dismiss because it locks up the web site.

I believe that there is something wrong with a notifications query. That once I try to load notifications, it hangs and the way the web server is set up, it won't handle new requests until that last one is complete.

Almost positive this is a server side issue. I did not change anything in my account. About a week ago this bug appeared. It feels like it is blocking on the notifications query, maybe something in the database is broken. Or maybe a forum setting was changed to limit the number of queries or bandwidth each user gets.
    Yes, happened to me too. I accidentally subscribed to two sub-forums. I’ve unsubscribed, but still have a mess of notifications I can’t clear on mobile.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    I would call "just don't use notifications" more of a LAST option than a first.

Go into your account settings>Notifications>notifications settings. You can change what alerts you get.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    I’m having the opposite problem. I’m not getting notifications.
    Im using tapatalk though, and it’s been made clear that it’s not a priority to fix on that app so....

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    Its messed up! As soon as I do anything with notifications, the website locks up and takes minutes to load any page.
    What browser are you using? Did you clear your cache?

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    replied

This isn't a cumulation of previous notifications, there weren't any as of a week ago. All of a sudden, blam. There are 50+ notifications in the box that I can't respond to or dismiss because it locks up the web site.

I believe that there is something wrong with a notifications query. That once I try to load notifications, it hangs and the way the web server is set up, it won't handle new requests until that last one is complete.

Almost positive this is a server side issue. I did not change anything in my account. About a week ago this bug appeared. It feels like it is blocking on the notifications query, maybe something in the database is broken. Or maybe a forum setting was changed to limit the number of queries or bandwidth each user gets.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    That's not a terribly helpful response.

But to OPs question: I haven't encountered that problem myself, sorry. Notifications seem to be working for me. I'm trying to think of client-side issues that could cause a problem like that, but really all my suggestions come down to very basic troubleshooting, like testing it in another browser, clearing your cache, another machine, etc.

Go into your account settings>Notifications>notifications settings. You can change what alerts you get.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    . . . like testing it in another browser . . .
    This, especially. I'm amazed by how non-standardized browsers are. I constantly run into webpages that simply don't work, then remember to try a different browser, and voila.

This is why I keep Opera, (my main), Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, (rarely used), all installed at once.

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    That's not a terribly helpful response.

But to OPs question: I haven't encountered that problem myself, sorry. Notifications seem to be working for me. I'm trying to think of client-side issues that could cause a problem like that, but really all my suggestions come down to very basic troubleshooting, like testing it in another browser, clearing your cache, another machine, etc.

You can unsubscribe from your notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    You can unsubscribe from your notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    started a topic Notifications broken for anyone else?

Notifications broken for anyone else?

I'm getting tons of notifications. When I attempt to deal with them, the forum software hangs. Every day there are more unhandled notifications. I can't even click on notifications without hanging the forum.
Working...
X