No announcement yet.

Kramer SM-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it a lot, love hearing opinions and advice given in this forum!!
    "The Cool Rails is like the single coil-size version of the Jazz. So, thinking like that, it is like a JB with 2 Jazz pickups. It would be a classic setup. It is ready to rock. Can't wait for the pics and review!" Mincer, this is AWESOME to hear, that gives me even more hope that this will sound much like my LP, but perhaps even better! Since my LP is a REALLY nice piece and sounds amazing, I'm even more anxious to get my hands on this Kramer!!
    I will certainly give it everything I have and may even have a buddy, who is a MUCH better shredder than I am give it a try and see what he thinks. As soon as I have a few miles on it, I will post up some thoughts and reviews!!
    GIJoeJarhead
    Semi-Newb, still trying to learn as much as I can!!

RWG LP w/ SD JB/Jazz Combo
    Mitchel MD400 w/ SD Pearly Gate/Duckbucker combo
    HLK Southern Belle (Tele) w/SD 1/4 lb/Tele Pickup combo
    Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Love the color. That thing should sound killer with that pup selection.

Comment

Alrighty . . . I'm about 4-6 weeks into playing this bad boy and all I can say is WOW!!! I knew the sustain was going to be good, but WOW!! My warm up routine involves starting with my PRS SE, moving up and down the fret board sounding out my notes, then I play my Major Pentatonix Scales all the way up and down the fret board, gets my fingers warmed up.
        I then switch over to the Kramer and play some chords . . . C, G, A#, D . . . play a little Rock you Like a Hurricane Intro, then I play the first 8 or 9 measures of Welcome Home (Sanitorium) and just revel in the incredible sustain. The harmonics just ring out for days, it is truly something to hear. After that I play through Runnin with the Devil which is what I have been working on. This SM-1 is really a great guitar . . . I highly recommend checking one out if you get the opportunity!!
        GIJoeJarhead
        Semi-Newb, still trying to learn as much as I can!!

RWG LP w/ SD JB/Jazz Combo
        Mitchel MD400 w/ SD Pearly Gate/Duckbucker combo
        HLK Southern Belle (Tele) w/SD 1/4 lb/Tele Pickup combo
        Fender Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Love to hear the review a few weeks in. That guitar should be able to handle any 80-90s rock with ease.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm not a pointy guitar first guy,.... but that Kramer give me a Tone boner.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
            X