Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Wow, what are the specs on this thing? That is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Open lane
    replied
    Man, that thing looks cool!

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    That thing is sweet looking. Bet it sounds killer too. Is that bridge sunken?
    Looks like it. Did you see the routed faux-tailpiece?

Also, the pickup height adjustment screws are accessed through 4 small holes in the back of the guitar, too. So they’re going through the mounting tabs backwards.
    Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 01-22-2021, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    That thing is sweet looking. Bet it sounds killer too. Is that bridge sunken?

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
    Looking good, I think. Are those Trembuckers?
    Yes. I’m assuming PATB-1s, but he didn’t specify.

I love talking to Frank about a build, because he ends up having something on hand that I love, and saves me from the endless option paralysis. Seriously, every time I ask, “Can you do this crazy thing?” the answer is always yes.

For instance, I’m leaning heavily toward an ergo-bass he built for NAMM 2020. It’s a 5 string, the bottom 3 are fretted up to the 14th or 15th, then the top two strings are fretless. The nut and saddles are shifted up on the fretless strings so you can play it just like the fretted portion.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    I’m looking forward to getting it. No markers is a bit daunting, but I don’t think I look when I play my fretless Warwick all that much, and the same with slide.

No, I’m not gonna be playing much open chord strummy stuff on it, but I think it will be an extremely inspiring instrument. It’s basically like having six slides going simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Kind of reminds me of the oldest traditional fretless banjos that were a gourd body and odd woods.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    patbs!

cool looking guitar for sure man, enjoy

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    Looking good, I think. Are those Trembuckers?

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    The glorious board
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    For the record, this guitar isn’t what Frank would consider a “Falbo” guitar. It’s kind of a partscaster that he happened to make all the parts for

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    There are a handful of well-known fretless players out there like Bumblefoot and Adrian Belew. They all make it sound so easy. My guess (I've never played one) is that it isn't as easy as it looks. I can't wait to see this instrument, though.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Fretless guitar? Wanna see the Falbo pics right away, but for playing demonstration, I'll wait for that 59th demo video

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    sounds fun! and im glad i wont have to hear you in the first few weeks

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    The first fretless guitar playing I ever heard was Frank Zappa on a fretless Hagstrom back in the early 70's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X