X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killerguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I'm going to have to take you up on that if it's not too expensive. I think solid brass with no chrome might different than chromed brass and solid is what I was originally looking for.

Shoot me a DM and I'll give you the dimensions and we can talk price.
    Agreed. The chrome most definitely has an effect on the tone. My saddles are milled (not cast like most others) from solid billet of the best quality brass alloy we could find. The raw material is VERY expensive and they actually require a good amount of hand work to finish nicely. I will do what I can for you on price since you're a fellow SD'er :-)

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by killerguitar View Post
    solspirit Just a heads up for everyone here. I make my own brass saddles (Killer Guitar Components). If any of you need a set or a special size or a combination of materials (I make aluminum as well) or whatever - drop me a line. I'd be happy to help.
    I'm going to have to take you up on that if it's not too expensive. I think solid brass with no chrome might different than chromed brass and solid is what I was originally looking for.

Shoot me a DM and I'll give you the dimensions and we can talk price.

Leave a comment:

• killerguitar
    replied
    solspirit Just a heads up for everyone here. I make my own brass saddles (Killer Guitar Components). If any of you need a set or a special size or a combination of materials (I make aluminum as well) or whatever - drop me a line. I'd be happy to help.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    yeah, that should be fine.
    Woo Hoo. Excellent, thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    yeah, that should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    those are chrome plated brass saddles
    Ah.. I didn't even read it, I just saw that they were chrome. That should work then right, .1mm bigger per saddle?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    those are chrome plated brass saddles

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
    10.3 mm here, but pricey like a whole new bridge

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...-set-of-6.html
    Thanks, I'll have to look to see if they have brass as well.

Leave a comment:

• hamerfan
    replied
    10.3 mm here, but pricey like a whole new bridge

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Actually, it's about 3mm wider overall, nearly 1/3 the width of a 10.2mm saddle. What guitar/bridge are these saddles going on?
    An ROC made Tagima TW55. The saddles I want to use probably fit Mexican and USA teles.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post

No kidding, it's an extra .30 or .36 mm across the span depending on the math.
    Actually, it's about 3mm wider overall, nearly 1/3 the width of a 10.2mm saddle. What guitar/bridge are these saddles going on?

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    why not just get properly sized saddles?
    I don't know where to look, I want brass saddles. It's an import guitar

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    why not just get properly sized saddles?

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
    Might be a mistake. I tried to replace saddles on a Pacifica and the replacement ones I got were slightly wider than the stock ones... as you might guess, 5 saddles would fit but the 6th would not. I got a second set of replacement saddles in a smaller size, still wouldn't fit the 6th saddle. From that experience I'd wager that direct replacements are going to be a better bet. It's amazing what a few millimeters can do to throw off the entire instrument.
    No kidding, it's an extra .30 or .36 mm across the span depending on the math.

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    Might be a mistake. I tried to replace saddles on a Pacifica and the replacement ones I got were slightly wider than the stock ones... as you might guess, 5 saddles would fit but the 6th would not. I got a second set of replacement saddles in a smaller size, still wouldn't fit the 6th saddle. From that experience I'd wager that direct replacements are going to be a better bet. It's amazing what a few millimeters can do to throw off the entire instrument.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X