No announcement yet.

This guitar - Chrome or Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of those three, I prefer the all-black. Looks sleeker.

Comment

All black

Comment

Chrome
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I like 'em all, but probably lean towards the chrome. The Gold & Blue would be cool if you were from West Virginia or Navy.

Comment

Of those choices, the black/black, but I think cream rings with black pickups would look better.

Look at some PRS guitars with blue flame tops like that, and see how the cream makes it pop without looking conservative or gaudy.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Black Chrome or all Chrome.

Comment

Black hardware, white/black zebra pickups

Comment

All black

(Unless the tuners are chrome - in which case, black and chrome).

Comment

Black hardware with solid chrome pickup covers to flash it up a bit.
                    Although gold hardware and black pickups would be a great look, with tuners to match.
                    Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 01-29-2021, 12:34 AM.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I’m fairly certain this thread has done little to resolve this in my mind.

This is a loose example, I’ve got all the smaller bits and bobs in chrome but l’m about to order the bridge, tuners and pickups. I like all the looks, I’m leaning toward the chrome but even the write-in answers are good.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Of the ones featured, I like the black the best. If you had gold pickup rings, however, I'd probably say gold. I'm a sucker for gold.

Comment

Ok, I’m tempted by gold now... Gaudy as heck, but it looks cool.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think I'd did a brushed aluminum vibe more than chrome.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I went with gold from stock chrome hardware and black ring in my Dk2, and white pickups.

I like gaudy, gold to me looks like a better match to the blue in the OP's guitar.
                              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
                              X