Best cheap reliable 24 fret guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cheap reliable 24 fret guitar

Hello guys, hit me with your best suggestion!

Looking to find something like a Hidden gem thing. So no crappy tremolos, no crappy stuff. Like a solid cheap product either because it was made cheap or it became cheap on the used market.

MUST be 24 frets-

Example: epiphone apparition, found one for € 400 double EMG, original Floyd great craftmanship, probably bit too crazy shape for me! € 400 is not the super super cheap BUT it really is something !

Look at the Harley Benton on Thomann

Im sure they have one
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Jackson SL3X soloist is how I solved that problem for myself. But if 400 euros is not within cheap, I don't know what you could get that is not cheap and crappy. Maybe buying parts or a couple wrecked guitars and putting the good parts together to make one good one.

Comment

I haven't played one, but I keep seeing all this great stuff from Harley Benton. Also - do NOT rule out buying some quality USED stuff.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Schecter has some really well-made and affordable 24-fret guitars. Definitely check out their offerings. I don't know if Yamaha makes 24-fret guitars in the price range you want, but their Pacifica line always gets good reviews for affordability, so they might be worth checking out.

Comment

hello guysm thanks for your help

yes i meant actually USED good stuff more than a crappy one new!

Comment

In that case - consider Ibanez as well.

Comment

Carvin made very solid guitars.

Comment

Ibanez RG 24 fret is basic and hard to go wrong as long as you like the neck profiles.
                  -=The Dali
                  --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post
                    Hello guys, hit me with your best suggestion!

Looking to find something like a Hidden gem thing. So no crappy tremolos, no crappy stuff. Like a solid cheap product either because it was made cheap or it became cheap on the used market.

MUST be 24 frets-

Example: epiphone apparition, found one for € 400 double EMG, original Floyd great craftmanship, probably bit too crazy shape for me! € 400 is not the super super cheap BUT it really is something !
                    In that price range, the best trem you are going to get is a Floyd Rose Special. Its actually a really good trem, has a solid baseplate. I own two guitars with them and they hold tuning stability perfectly like OFR and Edge trems. You can put an OFR tone block on it to make it sound like OFR. The FRS is part compatible with all OFR variants. Parts are cheap and easy to find. In multiple colors and can be swapped with OFR if desired.

I would avoid the low end Ibanez guitars because they are putting a proprietary liscenced trem on those. I don't have any experience with their low end "unmarked" liscenced trem, but even if it is as good as a FRS, parts availability is suspect. And you cant swap them with any other trem.

Last year I bought a new ESP LTD m400 for $450 on special. Its a really good guitar for the money, came with Seymour Duncan pickups.

Comment

Ibanez RG
                      the edge trems are better than cheap floyd license

Got to play one tho

As said the neck isn't for everyone
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

In that price range, the best trem you are going to get is a Floyd Rose Special. Its actually a really good trem, has a solid baseplate. I own two guitars with them and they hold tuning stability perfectly like OFR and Edge trems. You can put an OFR tone block on it to make it sound like OFR. The FRS is part compatible with all OFR variants. Parts are cheap and easy to find. In multiple colors and can be swapped with OFR if desired.

I would avoid the low end Ibanez guitars because they are putting a proprietary liscenced trem on those. I don't have any experience with their low end "unmarked" liscenced trem, but even if it is as good as a FRS, parts availability is suspect. And you cant swap them with any other trem.

Last year I bought a new ESP LTD m400 for $450 on special. Its a really good guitar for the money, came with Seymour Duncan pickups.

You might find some Ibanez Original Edge and LoPro Edge (really excellent, but avoid the numbered "sequel" versions!) and cheaper stuff like Jackson JT580, too

Although hmm the Japan Jacksons were probably all 22 fretters
                        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

PRS SE Custom 24. You'll get the well respected PRS designed tremolo.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

hello my friends

thnaks for your suggestions! well appreciated!

I have done some further scouting and settled on an Italian Guitar that wa out some years ago, made by EKO brand. Was called D tone, made in collab with an italian master guitarist DOnato Begotti.

you wont believe the specs, all original specs:
                            - steinberger inspired confortable shape;
                            - Shaller M6 tuners;
                            - Gotoh GE 1996 tremolo;
                            - Duncan JB/59
                            - Black satin/ natuaral finish

If you wanna see it in action....

Comment

Another vote for a used PRS.

Comment

Working...