Fretboard cleaner and oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
    "Actual lemon oil contains solvents which can actually harm your instrument with prolonged use."

Been using Old English on all of my guitar fingerboards since the late 60's.

Have an old Epiphine Casio, that I purchased used in about 1973, and I've only used Old English on it. A couple of years ago, I must have applied too much and didn't get it all wiped off because a couple of fretboard makers started to lift and needed to be reglued.

So, I have to ask, what damage does Old English cause?
    He is referring to lemon juice / food products
    citric acid

Yeah not from the grocery isle
    the furniture stuff
    I used formby until a girl moved in and polished all my furniture and used it all
    When i went to replace it
    Old English was the brand i found
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
      "Actual lemon oil contains solvents which can actually harm your instrument with prolonged use."

Been using Old English on all of my guitar fingerboards since the late 60's.

Have an old Epiphine Casio, that I purchased used in about 1973, and I've only used Old English on it. A couple of years ago, I must have applied too much and didn't get it all wiped off because a couple of fretboard makers started to lift and needed to be reglued.

So, I have to ask, what damage does Old English cause?
      Shouldn't cause any. But Old English doesn't contain any actual lemon oil. https://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/...rePolishLemon/
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
      X