banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Englund's Solar guitars and Duncan Solar pups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ola Englund's Solar guitars and Duncan Solar pups.

This is 60% about the guitars, and 40% about the pups, so I posted here. I don't know how long these have been out, but I just "discovered" them. Seem to be cool guitars, at a reasonable price. (Imports, no doubt.) I like the simple clean design. Especially the Matte Chrome A2.6. They have Duncan "Solar" pups installed. From what I can gleam from a couple vids, the bridge is a "tweaked" Custom 5, and the neck, a "tweaked" 59. I'm guessing these are new OEM Duncan Designed pups, but without that actual DD designation.

But what's even more interesting, is that several folks, (including Ola himself), have swapped them out for Black Winters. I guess the Solars are "place holders."

Anyway . . . cool guitars. Maybe, somewhere in the future . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar_Guitar_A2-6_Matte-Chrome.png
Views:	2309
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	6052536

I enjoy Ola's channel.

I'm not the target market for his guitars.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

They are 1K indonesian guitars. Like Jackson Pro series and many ESP LTD guitars.

Comment

Most of his recording is done with the Solar pickups, but watch his channel for awhile and you’ll see him play a million different guitars with everything from Duncan to Bill Lawrence to Fluence.

Watch the page on his site for blemished models. They’re usually very insignificant issues for a pretty healthy discount.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yup. I'm subscribed to Ola's channel. And I'm not even a "metal" guy. I just like him. That one I pictured is in the $650 range. Not too bad. There may be one in my future. Just because they look cool.

Comment

Those are great prices. While they aren't really a design I'd go for, you get a lot of guitar for that price. Those pickups are indeed overseas manufacture. But all accounts, they sound great.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              While they aren't really a design I'd go for . . .
              Generally, me too. But it does hit my "simple & clean" button. Not crazy about the "upside-down" headstock, but you only have to deal with that oddity on the occasional string change. I have it on my BC Rich Warlock. Not a big deal.

Comment

Get a Washburn Parallaxe for half the price, same stuff different brand.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                  Get a Washburn Parallaxe for half the price, same stuff different brand.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk
                  Those Washburns are beautiful. I'd go for the Trevor Rabin Parallaxe.

Comment

Do the washys have stainless frets too? I doubt it at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                      Do the washys have stainless frets too? I doubt it at that price.
                      I don't believe so, but at least some of them have USA Duncans in them.

Comment

I don't believe so, but at least some of them have USA Duncans in them.
                        True. I'd much prefer an actual tb6 to a "based on custum5".
                        Big knock on the Washy website though. I was looking at this model and it doesn't even say what the neck-joint is, or what FR type (special, 1000, ect.)
                        How in the world do these people in marketing omit such crucial details? I see this stuff all the time from many websites.

Comment

Yeah, they could use a good web development team.

Comment

Yeah, they could use a good web development team.
                            Yeah - but his YouTube is off the chain. First thing every Sunday morning, coffee and Sunday w/ Ola.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Yeah - but his YouTube is off the chain. First thing every Sunday morning, coffee and Sunday w/ Ola.
                              Mincer was speaking of the Washburn marketing, not Ola's.

Comment

Working...
                              X