Favorite guitar and guitar company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite guitar and guitar company?

Is your favorite guitar that you currently own built by your favorite company? PRS is my favorite brand overall but I am not sure I have a favorite guitar in my collection. I have learned to love them all in their own way.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Ive owned a bunch of different brands but keep coming back to Ibanez, of the 3 guitars I have, Ibanez, ESP LTD and Jackson, the Ibanez will be with me forever. Had an old RG570 that got stolen that absolutely loved, played like a dream and sounded amaznig.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Of the big traditional brands -Rickenbacker is my favorite because everything they make is top of the line quality. They don't make any junk or contract out anything - Even though I don't prefer many of their guitars.

Favorite guitar brand for playing? hmmm... so many now

-probably Banker is probably the best in the game right now.

They sell out immediately on Chicago Music exchange.

Matts good people too.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

My favorite guitar is a Warmoth. But you said favourite guitar built by a guitar company . . . so that would be a Charvel So-Cal for me. It practically plays itself and sounds great (although I swapped the humbuckers for an SSS setup.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          My favorite guitar is a Warmoth. But you said favourite guitar built by a guitar company . . . so that would be a Charvel So-Cal for me. It practically plays itself and sounds great (although I swapped the humbuckers for an SSS setup.
          You are welcome to bend the rules a little bit...I won't be upset.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've got a Schecter, an Epiphone, and an LTD, and I love them all in different ways. But if I had to name a favorite brand, I'd go Schecter for sure. So much quality at whatever price point.

Comment

My favorite(s) are the Warmoths I built. One of them is going to be 28 years old later this year. Of those built by guitar companies, I tend to gravitate towards Fender and even Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post
                But if I had to name a favorite brand, I'd go Schecter for sure.
                Schecter is quickly becoming one of my rising stars. I have several, and all are good. Peavey used to be my favorite, back when they were all USA. I still love 'em, but newer things are edging them out.

Comment

Favorite guitar: Gibson Les Paul (standard, original version)
                  Favorite guitar company: GIbson (1950s-1960s, 1980s-2000)

The guitar I most frequently play varies, however, and playing it frequently doesn't mean it's a favorite; it just means it works well for the music I need to play at the time.

Comment

I have a couple of Music Mans, which I really love, but I am not thrilled with their latest designs. I am building my 2nd Warmoth, though.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Electric = PRS
                      Acoustic = Taylor

Comment

Acoustic: Taylor, hands down. I've always been partial to their more traditional models; currently own a GC7 and a 517. I really love the 517.

Electrics: Well, I used to play PRS guitars exclusively. They play great, but once I bought an ES-335 I realized that I really never fully gelled with the way PRS guitars sounded, and sold all my PRS guitars. I also have a Jazzmaster reissue I love. But if I had to have one, it would be the ES-335. We'll see if that is still the case when my Kauer Banshee Deluxe shows up later this year. But I don't really care about brands, more so specific models.
                        DayGlo

Comment

Yeah, I didn't mention my Acoustic preference ...... but deal with this haters (I used to live in Nashville, and it was so popular for hipsters to put them down to try to be old school Nashville)

Taylor is the best Acoustic MFG -and it's not close in my mind. -from there 114 all the way to their 914. It's all just astounding -apples to apples to other brands on average -Don't get me wrong, there are other great brands, and most brands have some guitars that can sit side by side with a Taylor -but no other company has the quality, performance and sound top to bottom of their line like Taylor.

Some of their guitars may be a little too bright for me, but they have ones in each range that mellower -you have to try different materials and shapes in that line.

-AND remember these are brand new guitars -they mellow heavily (tonally speaking) in the first 5 years. I love went people tell me Taylors are too bright and they play a 30 year old acoustic and expect something else

also, they all play better than others on average -they are often like an electric guitar in my hand.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                            also, they all play better than others on average -they are often like an electric guitar in my hand.
                            Yep, so many acoustics play like absolute garbage in comparison. I've played plenty of very expensive Martins and Gibsons that left me wondering how they left the factory playing the way they did. I've not played a Collings or some of the other acclaimed boutique acoustic guitars, but for the "somewhat-within-the-reach-of-most-players" cost territory, I've not found anything that comes anywhere close.
                            DayGlo

Comment

Favorite brand and favorite guitar are Fender.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X