Favorite guitar and guitar company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
    Vintage Kramer and Newer Charvel San Dimas/SoCal for me...
    I’ve only played one Charvel Pro Mod, but if all my guitars disappeared, and someone said I was only allowed to own Pro Mods from then on, I could definitely live with it.

I’ve not played an ESP/ LTD, but provided I liked the necks, I’m sure I could get by on Snapper and Eclipse models.
    Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 02-05-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Well I've got a favorite guitar to play, and a favorite guitar to look at, and a favorite guitar for it's sound....

I really love certain guitars by Gibson, Jackson, Epiphone, Dean, so I'll say they're my favorite.

But no single favorite.

​​​
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

After owning a LOT of guitar brands and models over the years.... Ibanez RG.

Comment

I have had different guitars over the years: Gibson, fender, Ibanez, epiphone, prs, vgs, Yamaha, schecter. But when I need to put my fingers on one of those, I choose always my Gibson les paul standard. It is the guitar for me. But I think the best manufacturer is actually prs

Comment

For overall consistency and quality my vote is PRS
            I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

I would like to add -of the major Guitar companies -PRS, Yamaha and Taylor are the 3 companies that have the QC in place to ensure a quality end product in the market every time or at least avoid the misses that make it in the stores from other brands.

Also, especially Bogan, this demonstrates a measure of maturity for me -as I cannot stand PRS guitars for no better reason than extreme distaste for the 3 musical styles that made them a household guitar brand (NU Metal, Alternativeish Butt Rock, and Mega Church Christian Rock) sorry it's my cross to bear and I'm working on it -but I concede they are a very high quality brand to by admired.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post

I’ve only played one Charvel Pro Mod, but if all my guitars disappeared, and someone said I was only allowed to own Pro Mods from then on, I could definitely live with it.

I’ve not played an ESP/ LTD, but provided I liked the necks, I’m sure I could get by on Snapper and Eclipse models.
                I’ve had gas for a Pro Mod for a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

I’ve had gas for a Pro Mod for a long time...
                  Is Pro Mod MIJ? Cause my experience with it was a bad one, it's piece of crap, really. Fret ends protruding and the worst: The neck bows downward (too much relief) like forever despite the amount of adjustments I had put in. Mine was So Cal, red with black pickguard and Dimarzios. It was a gorgeous guitar with ATA approved case but it was a disaster. I traded it with an FGN and have not missed it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Is Pro Mod MIJ? Cause my experience with it was a bad one, it's piece of crap, really. Fret ends protruding and the worst: The neck bows downward (too much relief) like forever despite the amount of adjustments I had put in. Mine was So Cal, red with black pickguard and Dimarzios. It was a gorgeous guitar with ATA approved case but it was a disaster. I traded it with an FGN and have not missed it a bit.
                    ProMod are the ones made in the Fender factory in Mexico. They come with Duncans. For the last 5 or so years anyway. They have the trust rod adjustment at the body-end of the neck, after the last fret.

Comment

Squire, DUH!!!!

Comment

You just got a lemon. My HK Strat doesn't have any of those issues.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post
                          Squire, DUH!!!!
                          Another guitar I regret not buying when they were new.

Comment

Mine even has the matching strap. But the resale value has really fallen off lately.
                            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                            X