Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Eclipse EII Neck Joint

Hello!

I just purchased a used Eclipse EII and am loving the guitar so far. However, I noticed that the newer models, mine is 2015, have a slightly more ergonomic neck joint. I was a bit frustrated by this as I didn't notice it before. I realize that a 22 fret single cut guitar isn't going to have the best upper fret access, and my Eclipse isn't bad at all, but I'm wondering how much of a difference the newer neck joint really makes?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff

I haven't played either guitar, but a Japanese EII with 22 frets, I can't imagine there would be ANY issue accessing those frets.

Is your hand jamming up against the body when you play in the last position?

IMO, either there is enough access, or there isn't. Having extra cutaway beyond "enough" will not help any.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the response. The access isn't bad, but I was just wondering if the newer neck joints make it a bit easier. I don't expect a single cut guitar with 22 frets to have the easy of access that my CU 24 or Ibanez does =D.

Comment

They used to have good access with the scooped out horn in the 90s, but have since reverted in the name of aesthetics afaik
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Are we talking cutaway here, or a sculpted heel behind? That's often where designs get tweaked for easier high fret access.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I don't see the point. Does it even matter? It's not like you are going to exchange it with the newer one, no?

If you want maximum fret access get a Washburn with Stephen Extended Cutaway.

Comment

Working...
            X