Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Irish Bouzouki

Hi Guys,
    something a little different.. an Electric Irish Bouzouki I'm working on, it will have Chrome dome Lace sensors on it in a hybrid Strat Configuration..

and being an Irish instrument (of sorts) I thought a Shamrock would be the ideal neck inlay.. this is done in Mother of Pearl and Serpentine, the fretboard timber is Pacific Ebony

and the whole thing

www.crossleyguitars.com

looks great! never heard of pacific ebony

Comment

Is that a true ebony? I know a lot of things marketed with 'some kind' of Ebony isn't true ebony. I am not saying this is or isn't..I just really don't know.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Is that a true ebony? I know a lot of things marketed with 'some kind' of Ebony isn't true ebony. I am not saying this is or isn't..I just really don't know.
        I really dont know, I think it comes out of SE Asia, I bought a job lot about 12 years ago, or there abouts, and have used it a number of times..
        its harder than real ebony. and it shines up well. so I thought I would use some up, seeing as how stocks of all timber are getting harder to source..
        www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Nice! I wonder how it would look in Emerald Green...

Comment

What kind of pickups do you use in an instrument like this?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ahem...

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
              it will have Chrome dome Lace sensors on it in a hybrid Strat Configuration.

Comment

Well Peter, everything you do is impressive. I expect this will be no different. I like the idea of an emerald green finish...perhaps burst.

Whether it's "true ebony" or not, it really doesn't matter. If it functionally fits its intended use (hardness, density, workability, and finish) and if it is aesthetic, it's perfect. In this case, yeah, I think it's perfect.

Looks gorgeous so far. Keep us posted with lots of pics.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That's cool looking. Love the inlay and the fingerboard. Please post more as you progress.

Comment

Very interesting I have been looking at Greek Bouzoukis lately. I can't wait to see how this comes out.

Comment

Love the look! Keep us updated!
                      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                        Well Peter, everything you do is impressive. I expect this will be no different. I like the idea of an emerald green finish...perhaps burst.

Whether it's "true ebony" or not, it really doesn't matter. If it functionally fits its intended use (hardness, density, workability, and finish) and if it is aesthetic, it's perfect. In this case, yeah, I think it's perfect.

Looks gorgeous so far. Keep us posted with lots of pics.
                        Yeah everyone is saying green. Which I can do. But for some drug deranged thing I'm thinking purple

I know..stupid right?
                        www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                          Nice! I wonder how it would look in Emerald Green...
                          Says the Irish Guy from Boston. I do agree with him green is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Says the Irish Guy from Boston. I do agree with him green is the way to go.
                            You know the difference between a Greek Bouzouki, and an Irish Bouzouki? One plays better when you drink Ouzo, and the other one plays better when you drink Jameson.

Comment

Been a while, had many family dramas not to mention a Covid thing, finally got around to getting the neck glued into place

I also had to make the bridge, a bit different working with metal, but it turned out ok..

each saddle will take a course of strings (2 strings tuned in unison)

using a laser to check neck alignment

www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X