Electric Irish Bouzouki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

And your view from Australia speaks for the entire planet? Don't think so. Suggest you reframe your statements.
    OMG, Peter never claimed a world view. In fact he specifically said AUSTRALIA. Sometimes it seams that it is too much effort for you to try to understand what someone has said.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

It has nothing to do with my feelings - I deal in facts,
      Well, actually, no. You deal in your perception of facts, which ends up equating to just your feelings.

You realize that many makers are exploring non-traditional timbers - especially timbers domestically available in their own area? It's not a shortage - it's merely a shift in choices on what timber is used and where it is grown..
      And why is there "a shift in choices"? Could it be that the traditional choices are becoming more rare? (Like, as you admit, koa and ash, but also some rosewood and mahogany.

Change is the norm, and there are no shortages. The sky is not falling, the world is not ending.

Rant over.
      Why is there "change"? Is it just a whim? Guitar makers have all just decided to try different types of wood for the heck of it? Or maybe it's because the traditional woods are becoming harder to get because of short supply, higher cost, or government regulations? In any case, they would then be harder to source. Correct?

I know I risk getting a citation from Jeremy or Dave or whoever for talking negatively to you, but if anyone needs a citation for being rude to another forum member it is YOU. Especially when NONE of your comments were founded on facts or a desire to educate...you only attacked Peter. There was nothing positive about your comments to Peter. Nothing aimed at education. In fact, there was nothing even factual, just your emotional rant. There was no need at all for your negative remarks. You should have just kept quiet and preserved at least some dignity.

Comment

^^^ Wrong yet again, pal. ^^^
        On nearly all counts.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

On nearly all counts.
          Yes, indeed, you ARE.

You haven't attempted to answer any of my questions. Is that because they are rhetorical? We all know the answers, even you do, but you are afraid or unable to admit it perhaps because of your know-it-all, better-than-thou condition (narcissism).

Comment

Digging your own hole, pal. You don't understand because you don't WANT to understand.

Comment

Digging your own hole, pal. You don't understand because you don't WANT to understand.
              That's your answer?!

You don't answer my questions because you CAN'T. You have no answer that could save face. You at least understand that it would be digging your own hole, any way you answer. If you make up some rationalization you would make a fool of yourself. If you answer truthfully/factually you would effectively be admitting you were wrong, again making a fool of yourself.

At this point your best course of action would be to admit that you were wrong in jumping to conclusions and attacking Peter for your own misconceptions (you have already effectively admitted that Peter was at least partially correct and you were wrong). Just come out and say it...like a man. There is nothing wrong with admitting a mistake, but sidestepping, or making up ridiculous excuses/rationalizations, or making accusations against me, or refusing to answer is only childish at best (and I won't even suggest what it is at worst) and it certainly doesn't preserve any dignity.

Comment

On nearly all counts.
                "Nearly all counts"?! You're doing what you attacked Peter for doing.

Care to list each one with an explanation of why you think it was wrong? Was it that koa or ash or traditional rosewood was limited or very expensive? That all wood in the US has increased in price dramatically...(even C/D grade plywood has increased from about $8 per sheet to $45 per sheet!)? That Peter was only referring to availabilities in Australia, not the world? That guitar makers are moving away from some traditional woods because they are not available or not economically feasible to use anymore?

Please let me know where I was wrong and if you are indeed correct I will apologize and correct myself.

Comment

Done with you, troll.

Comment

Done with you, troll.
                    Because you can't answer ANY of my questions. You can't justify anything you have said because you know you are just plain wrong. By not answering you are effectively admitting that. Don't tell me that you don't want to waste your time or be bothered by the effort to reply because you sure weren't very conservative with words when you were attacking Peter.

Troll? Yes, you have all of the qualities of a troll. Make fallacious comments with no attempt to backup your statements, attack others, then bail out when the heat is on and you're backed into a corner requiring some justification to your rash comments.

I can back up all of my statements (I have already listed some facts supporting my statements, you have listed NONE). Here's another one...I can remember years ago when you could buy enough Honduran mahogany to build an acoustic guitar for a couple hundred dollars. And now... I see on StewMac some for $6000 on sale for $5400 for the same wood!!!! Seems to me that that would be a bit harder to source...it's way out of my budget for sure.

I wonder why it is so expensive. Hey Goober, you got any ideas about that? Could you buy that and make an acoustic and be able to sell it for a profit? Maybe that would also be hard for you to source.

You want some more examples? If so, I can list LOTS.
                    What about Madagascar Rosewood? Used to be relatively cheap ($10-20 for a fretboard) and easy to get. Now it's $70-80. Want more?
                    Hey, now it's your turn to support your claims!

Last edited by GuitarDoc; 05-23-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm done with Goober.

I read a valuable statement many years ago. Can't remember who said it. "Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Comment

I assume that when I am taking flak, it's because I am over the target. I have an undeniable track record and a noted legacy of over 40 years at the bench. I've been published multiple times in American Luthiery, String Instrument Craftsman, and American Guitarmaker. Dan Erlewine even quoted my articles on Floyd Rose installations as required reading in the first edition of his guitar repair book. What have you got?
                        Last edited by ICTGoober; 05-23-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Your taking flack is because you made malicious, fallacious statement/accusations with no justification at all.

Still can't answer my questions?! Avoiding? Sidestepping? Typical techniques of a troll. Childish at best.

Tell me what I ever said that was false...with some factual justification...you saying so is NOT good enough. Listing your past "credits" means absolutely nothing. It only proves your narcissism.

Comment

enough of this

Comment

Working...
                            X