No announcement yet.

I'll never be happy until I get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Gretsch High Roller not the Super Axe model but the stripped-down Chet Atkins High Roller

Comment

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the stuff I've got right now. I don't think it would wow or impress many other people, but it works great for what I want to do.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        A Gretsch High Roller not the Super Axe model but the stripped-down Chet Atkins High Roller

That's seriously cool, I was listening to him last night. He's a real bad ass.

Comment

I feel very fortunate to have been able to acquire the guitars I truly want. I mean, there will always be stuff that pops up that I'd love to have, but I'm very satisfied with what I've got and realize how lucky I've been to be in this position.

That being said, there are two guitars that haunt me.

1) Taylor GC 12-fret in koa. I could do without the electronics and over-the-top inlays of the K22e, but seeing as how those are cheaper than a custom built one with less ornamentation, I'll probably buy a K22e some day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	k22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	6059348

2) Gibson DD-335 in pearl white. I almost bought one new when a buddy was working at GC and was going to let me use his employee discount. I didn't at the time as it was still a lot of money and it didn't seem like the best way to be deploying my dollars. I also figured I could pick one up used down the road, however, I've never been able to find one since. I have an ES-335 dot, so I don't really need one, but if I found one and it played well/sounded good, I don't know I'd be able to pass it up. Its been my white whale for almost 15 years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	6059349
          Last edited by 3'scompany; 02-22-2021, 12:08 PM.
          DayGlo

Comment

I'll never be happy/satisfied until I get to be as good of a player as I want to be!
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
              I'll never be happy/satisfied until I get to be as good of a player as I want to be!
              The problem is that it's a lot harder to fix this than swipe the ole credit card.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

In high school, I had a red BC Rich Ironbird bass (NJ series). Sold it, along with my records, when I joined the military. One day I’ll get another one...

Comment

I don't have a "grail" guitar. The fact is, all of my guitars, basses included, are way better than what I thought that I would have as a kid. Amps and speaker cabs too. I wouldn't mind having a decent acoustic again, but if I don't ever get another one, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

MM Valentine was #1 on my list for a long time. Now my holy grail guitar would be the MM Axis sport I used to own and have regretted getting rid of for years.
                    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I'm torn:

Washburn N4 1992 Padulk Stephen Davies.
                      Jackson Roswell Rhodes
                      Original floral Ibanez JEM

The guitar I thought was my holy grail was the Ibanez HRG1SZ - the HR Giger S series Ibanez which was metal coated, I managed to get one but it never quite played how I wanted it to. M<aybe some things are better off out of reach.

Comment

I thought of one:

Samick TV Twenty Blues Saraceno model, preferably HH with a Floyd, and black
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          I thought of one:

Not the plaid?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                            I thought of one:

What about this...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

The problem is that it's a lot harder to fix this than swipe the ole credit card.
                              Perhaps the most fun problem to fix
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                              http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I have exactly what I want right now. I have the perfect sounding and playing les pauls. Some look weird, but their sounds and playability fit my bills perfectly. I do want to build me some more, just for the 'fun' of it...

OK. Here's what's lined up. They all feature a 17pcs neck, maple top on korina, ebony board (24.75'', 22 fret, maple binding, compound radius, jumbo jescar frets) and a Graphtech Tune O matic bridge (best one on the market right now):

* 1959 burst style, trapezoid inlay. SD Antiquity PAFs,
                                * Charcoal burst, MOP Block inlay, SD JB/Jazz Antiquity set (or something like that, concept set perhaps?)
                                * Magenta/purple burst, mudflap stripper girl inlay, Lundgren The One Set
                                * Transparent white, Tree of Life inlay, Lundgren PAF style pickups
                                * Purple blackburst, Star Trek inlay, BKP pickups (cant remember which)
                                * Lilac purpleburst, star trek inlay, BKP pickups (can't remember which)
                                * Modern Stork LP: Quilt maple top, quilt maple back, black korina core, chambered, F holes, gold hardware, humbucker in the bridge, minihumbucker in middle and neck, fading Stork inlay.
                                * TelePaul (roasted ash carved front, roasted maple neck, olivewood board with abalone blocks, butterscotch color, with walnut inlaid pickguard, tele pickups, tele bridge)
                                * StratPaul (roasted ash carved front, roasted maple neck, olivewood board with abalone blocks, daphne blue color with maple inlaid pickguard, strat pickups, strat bridge)
                                * TelePaul (roasted ash carved front, multiply roasted maple neck, olivewood board with abalone blocks, transparent pink/purple paisley finish, JB/Jazz direct mounted, Hipshot hardtail)

These 10 will completely take over my entire LP collection and I'll sell off the whatever I don't use.

Oh, and that StratPaul? I might just go with an HSH set after all. I'll make the inlaid PG in such a way that I can take out the SSS maple inlaid pickguard and replace it with an HSH version. will be a it more work, but I think it will be worth it regardless.

I'll start building again in Q2 if all goes according to plan. Covid has to go, then I have to fix my own mental health and then I can work again.

Comment

Working...
                                X