No announcement yet.

What say you? Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw some star inlays on it and a Floyd and Sambora would be rocking it!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'd love to have one of these. But that thing is cooler! Can't imagine the price...

Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They are cool, but honestly -I'm not a fan of the badging on the headstock -looks like an aftermarket part ordered from a JC Whitney catalog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.33.57 PM.png
Views:	165
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	6059671
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Jerry had one of those Banana headstocks on an LP
          it was cool i thnk he said Mr Falbo refretted got him
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Reminds me a bit of some of the models Chris Hayes used to play.

Comment

We had the Showcase guitars in 88 /89 where i worked. Wayne Charvel was working for Gibson in those days as a designer and they did some weird stuff it's real.
              I had both a Showcase U 2 https://www.eddievegas.com/store/det...UPER-STRAT.php
              And a Showcase WRC.https://reverb.com/item/35067599-gib...iABEgKRqfD_BwE
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Yeah, Gibson's superstrats always seemed clumsy and inelegant.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

looks legit to me
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Yeah, Gibson's superstrats always seemed clumsy and inelegant.
                    And yet, they have become quite collectable.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

And yet, they have become quite collectable.
                      Apparently, but I don't get it. But I don't get a lot of guitar trends.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There's a significant difference between what players play and what collectors collect.

Comment

^^^^ What he said! ^^^^
                          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                            There's a significant difference between what players play and what collectors collect.
                            Holy Crap -thats sig worthy.

I've never been a collector -I have 30+ guitars but all were purchase as tools to do a job... none are mint and none are hiding in a case to appreciate.

so when I see a GIbson through neck with 3 humbuckers and a fulcrum tailpiece bridge -I know I already have that tool -even when it's a little different.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

When I think of all the functional and useful stuff I could get with 25K that thing is even more hideous!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                                When I think of all the functional and useful stuff I could get with 25K that thing is even more hideous!
                                SO true, for that money you could have every time of classic guitar tone new from the custom and reissues shops in 10 or so Guitars. Literally the history of guitar tone at your home.

Collectors are different though, in fact some of the biggest collectors and dealers I've met aren't really players at all -they are into the history, the art/craftsmanship, the nostalgia, and possibly the speculation and appreciation if they are actually trying to make $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X