Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

When are they reopening?
    The government here is a bit slow in telling, but I'm expecting to open up alongside restaurants and bars (yes, all closed for nearly 6 months now ,hurrah) somewhere in late May. I doubt my fellow workshop colleagues will accept it much longer to have their companies closed. Without government aid, might I add, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

The closure of my workshop complex was one that happened within an hour, without warning. The government said: and by 2200hrs tonight, it's all CLOSED. How was I supposed to move my ENTIRE shop to a garage box? Remember, I live in the Netherlands in an urban area; things like barns and sheds just aren't a thing here. I simply couldn't get into the shop. We're slowly seeing some restrictions ease but now that's to no use to me because I can hardly lift a plate of food let alone a guitar, haha. I need a walking cane to walk thanks to covid.

My tablesaw weighs over 450 kilo's. My work bench is over 200 kilo's, my thickness sander weighs over 180kg's. My bandsaw weighs over 120kg's. That's just the machinery. Not to mention all the jigs, small and large dust extraction, the 380V I needed for some machines, the licenses to do what I do where I do it (noise pollution, dust pollution etc). It's not like packing up a suitcase full of stuff and get going somewhere else.
      Wait, so they closed it so abruptly and extremely they wouldn't even let you fetch your equipment from there???

I figured they just prohibited you from continuing with business as usual.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

Wait, so they closed it so abruptly and extremely they wouldn't even let you fetch your equipment from there???

I figured they just prohibited you from continuing with business as usual.
        Yeah, that's kinda what they did with hair dressers, sun tan salons, beauty parlors, schools, restaurants, bars, night clubs, brothels. Everything had to close within 2 or 3 hours or so. The point was exactly to prevent people from conducting business because business means people clamoring and that's a covid spread moment. and that has to be prevented. I know how bad covid is, but I'm hit double: my bizz is about to go belly up and I got sick.

Comment

OKAY good news. My workshop is open again! I'll be picking up the work immediately, hoping to finish projects before the world ends. Again....

Comment

That's great news! Glad to hear you'll be back at it!

Comment

Working...
            X