No announcement yet.

New Dave Mustaine signature models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you actually read the stuff instead of just ogling the pictures. The acoustic has 24 frets.... which necessitated a change in the internal bracing. For me - that is telling when Gibson makes a deal with a metal guy on an acoustic guitar that is a new ground up design. THAT is a commitment many companies wouldn't even attempt. I am impressed as hell with Gibson over that.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I made it as far as the stupid quote about KISS and Gibson bei g "the best period" and started skimming.

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      How many of you actually read the stuff...
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Green finish is cool, but the guitar is ugly. Looks like something Gibson would have thought up in the '80s and only produced for 6 months.

Kramer looks great! Why couldn't they have stuck with that design and just put the other finishes/inlays on it? Heck, they could've made a proper Kramer USA model instead of a "Gibson" version and really helped strengthen the brand.

The acoustic has 24 frets which necessitated a change in the internal bracing...THAT is a commitment many companies wouldn't even attempt. I am impressed as hell with Gibson over that.
        Yet they can't figure out how to allow reasonable access to all 24 frets on the electrics. Real innovation

Comment

Plus, I love how the marketing starts with a photo of Dave holding a guitar you can't even buy...his REAL signature model?

Comment

The silver is sexy af.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
              Green finish is cool, but the guitar is ugly. Looks like something Gibson would have thought up in the '80s and only produced for 6 months.

Kramer looks great! Why couldn't they have stuck with that design and just put the other finishes/inlays on it? Heck, they could've made a proper Kramer USA model instead of a "Gibson" version and really helped strengthen the brand.
              :
              Because that would dilute their “Play Authentic”, only Gibson and Epiphone get to use the real V shape.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yet they can't figure out how to allow reasonable access to all 24 frets on the electrics. Real innovation
                Dave gave the thumbs up on the design so apparently HE can play it, even if YOU can't.

Comment

How long until we get the Dave Mustaine Explorer?

Comment

Dave gave the thumbs up on the design so apparently HE can play it, even if YOU can't.
                    Thanks for that intelligent response.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      I like the Kramer. That one I'd be interested in. Very nicely done. Don't care for the Explorer style headstock on the Gibson V though.
                      Maybe the Explorer headstock is Mustaine's preferred shape? The only Mustaine signature guitar that didn't have that kind of six tuners on one side is the Axxion model.

Maybe it is the pictures but I didn't like the inlays on the fretboard on the Kramer or the Gibsons.

Comment

I would think it is difficult to not exactly rebuild his past signature models. He likes what he likes for a reason.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                          Plus, I love how the marketing starts with a photo of Dave holding a guitar you can't even buy...his REAL signature model?

And that is the only one I like right there.
                          If that was offered with a real OFR (and keep it gold too, like real gold for the likely price) it would be on my guitar wish list near the top. The mature V.
                          Last edited by dave74; 02-25-2021, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I see all mention of Dave Mustaine has disappeared from the Dean website.

Comment

The natural wood looks the best to me, but I hate those shapes. Would never play 'em. I also don't care much for artist models in general. I like what I like, and I play what feels comfortable to me. Just because Megadeth happens to be one of my favorite metal bands of all time doesn't mean I'm going to buy Dave Mustaine's signature guitar. Especially when Dave is basically just all about the money these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post

Maybe the Explorer headstock is Mustaine's preferred shape? The only Mustaine signature guitar that didn't have that kind of six tuners on one side is the Axxion model.

Maybe it is the pictures but I didn't like the inlays on the fretboard on the Kramer or the Gibsons.
                                also Y2KV .. one of the coolest Mustaine signatures ever made ! I kind of wish they would've done it more like this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X