New Dave Mustaine signature models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
    I see all mention of Dave Mustaine has disappeared from the Dean website.
    The factory had larger-than-life posters of him all over the place. I bet those are gone now, too. And you probably can't bring his name up to the higher-ups there.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

The factory had larger-than-life posters of him all over the place. I bet those are gone now, too. And you probably can't bring his name up to the higher-ups there.
      From one standpoint you can't blame Dave for finally reaching what was probably his original goal after 4 decades, on the other hand, so much time has passed, someone like me would stick with who "brung ya" if you're his age with his level of career success and not still scraping 2 nickels together and being treated right.

who knows.

I've had friends on Gibson and with Gib signature guitars and they all told a similar tale of dissatisfaction -so Good luck Dave -maybe things are better over their now.
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-25-2021, 11:03 AM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I *do* think that someone who as as big as Dave is, deserves a good deal. His name can sell some gear, much more than a lot of signature artists out there. If his old deal expired, or if Dean fell short and didn't deliver what was agreed upon, then certainly, move on.
        We will never know what the reason for switching is, though. I just hope he wasn't the one who broke the deal.

Comment

I *do* think that someone who as as big as Dave is, deserves a good deal. His name can sell some gear, much more than a lot of signature artists out there. If his old deal expired, or if Dean fell short and didn't deliver what was agreed upon, then certainly, move on.
          We will never know what the reason for switching is, though. I just hope he wasn't the one who broke the deal.
          I've never preferred Dean Guitars, but also hope they weren't screwed over. Business is business, contracts are contracts -keep it on the level.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm sure he didn't. He will say so. Though I agree. He worked and achieved enough throughout his carrer that he can have whatever the hell he wants made by whichever company he fancies. No company will risk their reputation by building him crap guitars, so for him I bet the difference is about as big as a headstock logo. And for the companies, it's worth taking a risk with. Everyone knows his temper, but his his name sells a crapton of stuff.

Comment

I'm no Mustaine fan, despite being a huge fan of his music. But if his contract with Dean was up, he had every right to move to another company.

Comment

Either his contract was up and one party declined to renew, or one of the 2 parties broke the contract. All we can do is speculate. He is one of those people that doesn't have to put out any more new music, ever, and guitarists will still know who he is. That's gold to him as well as whatever company he works with.

Comment

Either his contract was up and one party declined to renew, or one of the 2 parties broke the contract. All we can do is speculate. He is one of those people that doesn't have to put out any more new music, ever, and guitarists will still know who he is. That's gold to him as well as whatever company he works with.
                  Man, if Gibson had him break the contract (due to some marginal term that was interpreted as not fulfilled that would need to be argued in court to resolve) knowing that Armadillo would then need to pony up more legal fees to pursue it over years -that would be the private equity big d*ck move I could see a Gibson owner pulling to further drain the competition. Hope not, but damn.

Comment

How long was he with Jackson? Or Dean? Does it hurt the perception of his fans that he has worked with a few companies? I mean, EVH did, long after he stopped putting out newer music. I know all of this comes down to just business, but I am guessing his fans will follow him no matter what brand.

Comment

I mean... Everyone knows Dave Mustaine is an enormous *******, right? Even (especially?) his fans. Dudes a big ol' ball of whiny ego and no amount of throat cancer or veneer of Jesus is gonna change that.

How long was he with Jackson? Or Dean? Does it hurt the perception of his fans that he has worked with a few.
                      ---------------------------
                      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

This thread is heading in a weird direction with all this speculation. Who cares why he's with Gibson now? That's just the way it is.

The guy has been putting his signature on gear for 30+ years. In my opinion, Dean was LUCKY to have him for so long!

We don't talk trash about George Lynch and that dude flip-flops endorsements like a mad-man!

Comment

When a new guitar is released, the internet has two jobs:

1) Complain about access to the frets you barely touch anyway, even though no one has played one yet.

2) Go off-topic into some other, tenuously related topic.

We've done #1 already, so now it's time for #2.

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                          This thread is heading in a weird direction with all this speculation. Who cares why he's with Gibson now? That's just the way it is.
                          !
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

The guy has been putting his signature on gear for 30+ years. In my opinion, Dean was LUCKY to have him for so long!

We don't talk trash about George Lynch and that dude flip-flops endorsements like a mad-man!
                            I agree. The point is: are those guitars good? How do they sound? Do they worth the money? As I previously said have they mustaine signature SD pickups or not?
                            Mustaine can have all endorsement contracts he wants. I don't care. All my attention is for the gear

Comment

Easy answer, because a giant private equity firm bought Gibson brands, went to social media to threaten the industry, and then quickly filed a somewhat unprecedented US trademark infringement lawsuit on a much smaller maker for a trademark that has not been enforced ever in 40 years until this group -which by the way -affects at least 200 other boutique makers.

And now they sign away one of that company they are suing's premier signature artist during the trademark lawsuit.

It is completed unrelated to typical things like George Lynch swapping brands.

I mean seriously, this is as high drama in the Guitar and music merchant business world as it gets.

Comment

How long was he with Jackson? Or Dean? Does it hurt the perception of his fans that he has worked with a few companies? I mean, EVH did, long after he stopped putting out newer music. I know all of this comes down to just business, but I am guessing his fans will follow him no matter what brand.
                                Given all the garbage things he's said and done, jumping guitar companies wouldn't affect his fanbase at all, I would think. If you're still a fan of his in 2021, you'll stick with him no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X