• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still want a KV1 and KE1.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I still kinda dig the green one. But I doubt I'll actually buy one.
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

It's quite possible this was an attack against Dean by Gibson to steal their big artist. After all, they are still suing Dean, last I heard.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post

When a new guitar is released, the internet has two jobs:

1) Complain about access to the frets you barely touch anyway, even though no one has played one yet.

2) Go off-topic into some other, tenuously related topic.

We've done #1 already, so now it's time for #2.
          Ha ha!!! Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Easy answer, because a giant private equity firm bought Gibson brands, went to social media to threaten the industry, and then quickly filed a somewhat unprecedented US trademark infringement lawsuit on a much smaller maker for a trademark that has not been enforced ever in 40 years until this group -which by the way -affects at least 200 other boutique makers.

And now they sign away one of that company they are suing's premier signature artist during the trademark lawsuit.

It is completed unrelated to typical things like George Lynch swapping brands.

I mean seriously, this is as high drama in the Guitar and music merchant business world as it gets.
            That's true, I suppose. You know, Dean should have put double-cream pickups in all their Gibson-esque guitars just to make the dispute all that much more interesting

This is really where peeps have to "vote" with their wallets if they believe an injustice is being done by Gibson. This isn't a "Dave Mustaine" issue, so I'm not sure why people are focused on him as a person.

As I understand it, Gibson is asking for $2M "per instance of counterfeit" in their suit against Dean. They are claiming infringement on 7 guitar shapes, one headstock design, and 2 names (Moderne and Hummingbird). If successful, this could cripple the company.

Personally, I'm happy not owning any Gibsons. They are the most overrated guitars in the business today and survive by convincing players that not changing at all is the ultimate in innovation.

I'm simply waiting until Fender/Jackson gets up the nerve to sue Gibson Brands over the Kramer King V...err...I mean "Vanguard" shape. Then I'll snag one of the Mustaine sigs cheap for future resale
            Last edited by Masta' C; 02-26-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

That's true, I suppose. You know, Dean should have put double-cream pickups in all their Gibson-esque guitars just to make the dispute all that much more interesting

This is really where peeps have to "vote" with their wallets if they believe an injustice is being done by Gibson. This isn't a "Dave Mustaine" issue, so I'm not sure why people are focused on him as a person.

As I understand it, Gibson is asking for $2M "per instance of counterfeit" in their suit against Dean. They are claiming infringement on 7 guitar shapes, one headstock design, and 2 names (Moderne and Hummingbird). If successful, this could cripple the company.

Personally, I'm happy not owning any Gibsons. They are the most overrated guitars in the business today and survive by convincing players that not changing at all is the ultimate in innovation.

I'm simply waiting until Fender/Jackson gets up the nerve to sue Gibson Brands over the Kramer King V...err...I mean "Vanguard" shape. Then I'll snag one of the Mustaine sigs cheap for future resale
              I haven't bought a Gibby in I guess maybe 17 years? After they tried to say my custom shop 335 was a fake and they wouldn't fix the neck under warranty - I took it to Gibson HQ in person and asked them to tell me the again, to their credit, the immediately shipped it to Memphis and repaired it for free -better than new.

But I realized it's not a company I'm handing over 3500 for again.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-27-2021, 02:54 PM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

"Meet the new Dave, same as the old Dave"
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Or the Rhodes style V....
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post

also Y2KV .. one of the coolest Mustaine signatures ever made ! I kind of wish they would've done it more like this.
                    I've missed that one. Did Mustaine use Emgs?

Comment

Originally posted by Der Oberherr View Post
                      There's an acoustic too apparently.

Needs a ukelele
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post

I've missed that one. Did Mustaine use Emgs?
                        I don't think he ever did. But he had an active SD set I believe (Livewires?). But I recall him saying in an interview that he never really liked actives, he just used them in an effort to try and follow the current fad of actives.

Comment

I don’t care for his signature models but I will say I’ll take the average US Dean ‘copy’ over the average Gibson ‘original’ any day of the week, even with all the stigma attached to that forked hs.

I sincerely hope they survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Wow, 3 different brands! Oddly, there isn't a Steinberger version...
                            They make a triangle shape....I agree; Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                              I don’t care for his signature models but I will say I’ll take the average US Dean ‘copy’ over the average Gibson ‘original’ any day of the week, even with all the stigma attached to that forked hs.

I sincerely hope they survive.
                              They have 6 in lines in his models

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

They have 6 in lines in his models
                                I meant the Dean stigma, not something inherently wrong with the v hs.

Comment

Working...
                                X