banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you call this neck construction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you call this neck construction?

Is this "set-neck", or "neck through", or something else altogether? This is my MIJ Vantage VP-795. (Matsumoku.)

Thanks all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vantage_VP-795_neck_sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	6060124

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vantage_VP-795_neck-02_sm.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	6060125
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-25-2021, 09:37 AM.

I have had the same experience with an black Aria PE series guitar (Les Paul style). Obviously screws in the neck route under black finish.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I'm pretty sure that your Aria, and my Vantage, rolled out of the same factory.

Comment

Also, (I'll keep this in the same thread), this thing has brass saddles and brass nut. What kind of tonal impact might that have?

Thanks again.

Comment

brass isnt bad, just can be heavy. clear and fairly warm sounding for metal, meaning its not as bright as steel or titanium but brighter than a graphtech saddle for example

Comment

Well it’s not neck through, you have the laminated strips in the body but not the neck. Is it glued or is that screw all that’s holding it?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's definitely glued in. I think the screw was just to hold it while it "set."

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                brass isnt bad, just can be heavy. clear and fairly warm sounding for metal, meaning its not as bright as steel or titanium but brighter than a graphtech saddle for example
                I was thinking that some AII Pro's would go nice in here, but it doesn't look like they're available in zebra.

Comment

sure they are, i used to have a set. or maybe they were reverse zebra actually, but they are out there

Comment

it's a set neck with extra support
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      sure they are, i used to have a set. or maybe they were reverse zebra actually, but they are out there
                      Ah, good. They removed the menu item from the dropdown on the webpage.

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      it's a set neck with extra support
                      Thanks. I was just curious.

Comment

Screw in neck.

I have a bass with brass nut and brass bridge. Sustains like crazy. Could be any number of factors though.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Long tenon set-neck, meant to look like a neck-through. Probably more lively than an actual neck-through.
                          IME neck-throughs, despite good sustain, tend to feel very stiff. Especially the multilayer laminated ones.
                          Matsumoku knew what they were doing; they make good stuff.
                          Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 02-25-2021, 05:31 PM.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I would call it "Chinese."

Seriously though, it looks like a bolt on where they attempt to make it look like neck through.

Comment

thats a pickup adjustment
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X