banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you call this neck construction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I was thinking that some AII Pro's would go nice in here, but it doesn't look like they're available in zebra.
    Check it out, you can order zebra and reverse zebra for “neck” and “bridge”, but not “set”. Also it says Trembuckers are temporarily unavailable. It might be an odd website thing.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If you're looking for a name, how about "bolt through"?

Comment

It’s a set neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
          I would call it "Chinese."
          There's pretty good documentation for it online. It's definitely made in Japan.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Check it out, you can order zebra and reverse zebra for “neck” and “bridge”, but not “set”. Also it says Trembuckers are temporarily unavailable. It might be an odd website thing.
          Over at the Vantage forum, they're saying that the original pups were fairly hot. Like DiMarzio Super Distortions. I think I might go with "Whole Lotta's."

Comment

BC Rich had marketed something similar recently as their new technology, they called it "Invisibolt"...

" In 2006, they introduced the IT (Invisibolt Technology) series, which combines elements of bolt-on and neck-through designs: The neck is bolted inside the body to make the guitar look much like a "neck-through", but the neck joint is still visible."

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Ah. I see that now. Same with the Whole Lotta's.

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
              BC Rich had marketed something similar recently as their new technology, they called it "Invisibolt"...

" In 2006, they introduced the IT (Invisibolt Technology) series, which combines elements of bolt-on and neck-through designs: The neck is bolted inside the body to make the guitar look much like a "neck-through", but the neck joint is still visible."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.C._Rich
              Interesting. Although on this one, the neck is definitely glued in. If I took that bolt out, I still couldn't remove the neck.

Comment

Working...
              X